Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: Scenes Without Trains

Quote Originally Posted by wwhall View Post
    With the paucity of new content that is being released, maybe it's time for the payware and freeware people to get together to figure out a way that a freeware route could be released through a payware vendor, with the payware vendor charging a small fee for the distribution and for the use of payware content contained within the freeware route. To me, that would be a win-win. The freeware people would have a vehicle to release their route. The payware people could sell some of their handiwork that they couldn't otherwise and it would bring customer traffic to their website where they might sell some of the payware vendor's product to customers who might not otherwise "shop" there. If MSTS/OR is to survive, there has to be more content being created whether payware or freeware that can actually be available for people to use. Much as I like seeing the beautiful creations displayed in these threads, if I can't actually run trains on it, it becomes sort of a moot point--I might as well go look at photos of real trains. I buy most every payware route that comes out and I've downloaded many freeware routes, too. That said, I would guess the average age of a route on my computer to be between 6-8 years. Most of the very old stuff I've quit running (with a few notable exceptions) because the graphics, etc. on those old routes just isn't very good to look at compared to what can be done these days.

Great Idea!
    CG

I’m always in amazed by the shots you guys put up. The amount of detail is outstanding.

99% complete between Chatsworth, NJ south to Lebanon St. Forest. The trestle across the West Branch Wading River was suppose to be replaced in the fall of 1976 with a steel bridge by the CNJ. But the CNJ's inclusion into Conrail & Conrail just using the Southern Division now as a low-grade secondary line until early 1978, the project was axed. Next phase on the Southern Division is heading south towards Elm & Winslow Junction, NJ

​Enjoy......
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    99% complete between Chatsworth, NJ south to Lebanon St. Forest. The trestle across the West Branch Wading River was suppose to be replaced in the fall of 1976 with a steel bridge by the CNJ. But the CNJ's inclusion into Conrail & Conrail just using the Southern Division now as a low-grade secondary line until early 1978, the project was axed. Next phase on the Southern Division is heading south towards Elm & Winslow Junction, NJ
    Hi Mark,

Mighty fine work there - sir - mighty fine...

One of those octagon shaped watchman shanties - made from concrete - still exist on the Northwestern end of the yard in Campbell Hall...

Some how - some way - some time - - - I'm going to pull you back into the steam era...

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 02-07-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Some really nice shots gang.............!
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    One of those octagon shaped watchman shanties - made from concrete - still exist on the Northwestern end of the yard in Campbell Hall...
    Those old concrete booths still grace a lot of places in NJ to along some ROWs. Some during the early Conrail years were pushed over to the side of ROWs & still survive brush covered today ! Some on the CNJ Southern div. are still there upright. Farmingdale, Lakehurst still have them bedside. A couple still exist too heading southern towards Bridgeton too. There is a pic of one back in 1976 at Lakehurst that was moved from this spot but still is there.

By the early 1970's they were mostly used for "Public Permapottys"

http://web.archive.org/web/200601170...2lakehurst.jpg

Some how - some way - some time - - - I'm going to pull you back into the steam era...

Regards,
    Scott
    HAHAHA. I am a huge steam fan. Nothing like the transition period in NJ for me. If was a great time I am sad I missed by 10 years. You had the last stand of the PRR K-4's on the NY&LB. People forget but the P-RSL was another place where the K-4s lasted until their useable end too. You had the loops in Bay Head Jct. (Most everyone knows of) on the NY&LB & the one at Cold Spring on the Wildwood Branch of the P-RSL (Just south of Wildwood Crest most don't know of) where groups of K4's waited their next commuter assignments. Plus those famous engine changes (Electric to steam & vice-versa) on the NY&LB at South Amboy were a sight to see in steam form.

And in North Jersey where I live & grew up, at the end of steam with the Erie. Those huge massive K5's hauling a dozen Stillwell coaches wasn't unheard of on the Main Line & Bergen County Line. Must have been a sight to see turning a K5 on the Waldwick Wye Track. Or seeing when the NYSW still had commuter service to Butler with an ex-Erie Russian Decapod (The old "Bolshevik's") pulling 2 or 3 ex-Erie Silver & Maroon Stillwells. Even the DLW (Delayed, Late & Waiting) used Mountains & Poconos for a short time in commuter service until their fires went out.

But I also love some of those "Odd" diesels that replaced steam. By me it was mostly Alcos & EMD Geeps. But the CNJ was great for the oddballs. Like the Baldwins, the "Babyface & Double Enders". And even using F-M "Baby" Trainsmasters" for some commuter service.

But the late 40' to late 50's were still a great time for steam here even it was on the way out.
    Last edited by MMSS; 02-08-2020 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added Info
    - Mark -

WONDERFUL . VERY GOOD !!

Chimbica Dash8

Default Railfans waiting for action

Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post

They'll be wait'n awhile in EasternCanada. A-hole protesters shut the CN lines down for almost 2 weeks.
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Not a fan of batch files, but copying over from Kuju payware is what 'this community' did for 15 years. Now its suddenly against the law?
    That is an excellent remark ...

By the way, stunning work all! This is by far my favorite screenshot thread.