Thread: Download Accelerator Plus

Default Download Accelerator Plus

Can Download Accelerator Plus (DAP) be used with Trainsim.com?

Yes, 2 threads at a time. Unlimited threads and speeds with First Class Membership.

Quote Originally Posted by rick View Post
    Yes, 2 threads at a time. Unlimited threads and speeds with First Class Membership.
    Can it only be used with First Class Membership? I am trying to use it with Chrome and it insists on downloading a zero-length file. I understand that i will receive little or no acceleration.

Many years ago, I tried DAP and like you could never get it to actually download the file. Plus, the free version was horribly ad-laden and the settings were hard to puzzle out. Since I use Firefox, I am now able to use DownThemAll, which does much the same thing. And for standard (free) users it's worthwhile if you only want to download one file at a time - by running (your limit of) two streams you get double the (limited) download speed. Also, a download manager makes it easier to recover from the inevitable broken connections while downloading. Be sure that DAP (or DTA for that matter) is set for 2 streams and 2 connections, or it can seem to work but doesn't. Also, I think the site needs to set some cookies so the download accelerator (or FF in the case of DTA) needs to accept them. Finally, this site seems to do at least one redirect in the process of starting the download, which DTA usually can handle gracefully but DAP might not.

tl;dr: you may need to experiment with settings to make DAP work with 2 and only 2 connections, and to accept cookies properly.