Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AI spawn points

Default AI spawn points

I can get the AI trains to spawn but only at a few select points.

My spawn points I have in order that aren't greyed out are;
    BNSF Bakersfield M2
    BNSF Needles Main 1
    BNSF Needles Main 2
    UP Saco
    UP Yermo

They seem to be the only places I can spawn trains.
    I purchased Cajon Pass as an addon and would like to be able to run trains up the hill but I can't spawn anywhere in San Bernadino. Unless I build a train manually and sent it up the hill, but I don't want to have to build an AI train every ten minutes and send it off. I want to drive.

OK I think I may have worked it out.
    I have to assign a train symbol and then set the required/desired parameters.

Will all the greyed out areas do this if I manually set the parameters?

I think the AI spawn points are hard coded in by the route developers along with AI trains of various styles.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    OK I think I may have worked it out.
    I have to assign a train symbol and then set the required/desired parameters.

Will all the greyed out areas do this if I manually set the parameters?
    Yes, they will all do that, mate.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Cheers mate.

I'm on the learning curve, lots of trial and error. Getting there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    Cheers mate.

I'm on the learning curve, lots of trial and error. Getting there though.
    It's worth the bit of effort required to learn the ins & outs of the sim.....well worth it.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I see there are few Aussies here, did not take much notice before so I better update my profile as well.

I have just brought the Cajon Sub add-on this weekend, Just awesome.

The size of this sim, the sheer amount of trains you can run and build is brilliant, even after buying this sim a few months ago I'm still learning and I'm finding single player overwhelming at times, you got to throttle back spawning rates a fair bit because driving a train, dispatching etc can get a bit overwhelming at times, but it sure is fun.

I have completely quite running some of my other train sims they suddenly seem pale in realism compared to Run8.

Hang in there Aussie_FX as seagoon has pointed out it's well worth it

Cheers

James C

Actually as we've found out at RTS CA often needs 2 dispatchers, and several crew members just to manage the flow of the yards. I've recently started doing a limited Selkirk Mohawk without the hump. So of course even with just myself or normally another player (or even more) things go well.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    I see there are few Aussies here, did not take much notice before so I better update my profile as well.
    Haha it seems we are the Kiwis of TrainSim.
    I have just brought the Cajon Sub add-on this weekend, Just awesome.
    I love how the routes intermesh, unlike that very pretty excuse for a simulator.
    The size of this sim, the sheer amount of trains you can run and build is brilliant, even after buying this sim a few months ago I'm still learning and I'm finding single player overwhelming at times, you got to throttle back spawning rates a fair bit because driving a train, dispatching etc can get a bit overwhelming at times, but it sure is fun.
    I loaded up "busy Barstow" the other night. That gave me a bit of a shock.
    I'm sure over time that amount of traffic won't be overwhelming as we get used to it but for now I spend most of my time trying to sort traffic. So I start with a few trains and let it slowly build.
    I have completely quite running some of my other train sims they suddenly seem pale in realism compared to Run8.
    I had trouble installing Run8, my windows 7 installation has been there since windows 7 came out and my registry was quite the mess.
    So I wiped my C:\ drive and out went Steam and that forwards/backwards/slow/fast simulator won't be re-installed. I don't miss it.
    It's amazing what simple physics can do to a computer program. Who cares about pretty trees, the thing works as it should.
    Hang in there Aussie_FX as seagoon has pointed out it's well worth it

Cheers

James C
    Mate I'm not going anywhere, while it's a steep learning curve it's a tonne of fun.
    I see from your thread you're into it far, far deeper than I. I'm trying to work out what the train tags mean, where they are going etc where you are right on top of that. I have time on my side...

Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Actually as we've found out at RTS CA often needs 2 dispatchers, and several crew members just to manage the flow of the yards. I've recently started doing a limited Selkirk Mohawk without the hump. So of course even with just myself or normally another player (or even more) things go well.

Thanks

Sean
    One day I will give multiplayer a go.

At the moment I don't know what a train tag signifies so all I would do is be a hindrance on anyones server and I don't want to do that.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Aussie_FX; 06-05-2017 at 11:48 PM. Reason: Grammar!