Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The next update is released with some freebie YN2 Bright Future liveries included.

Default The next update is released with some freebie YN2 Bright Future liveries included.

DTG say this is the last patch, so, we will await feedback, anyway, you can get all the info. here -

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

https://train-simulator.com/bright-future-update/

https://train-simulator.com/bright-f...ls-sand-patch/
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

If this is the last patch, it doesn't mention anything about updating the awful physics.

Sorry to sound negative, but another epic fail from DTG.
    Vern.

Seems to me that they are dodging any residual issues with this line..........
    "....We will, of course, be merging some outstanding issue fixes into our next BIG destination for Train Sim World and we’ll update you on that soon…"

I haven't used TSW since the original debacle and will leave it gathering dust unless/until the physics have been vastly improved and it becomes a simulation.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Pass...............forever.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

There's also a moral in this tale for all the flight simmers who seem assured that DTG will not let the community down over FSW. If it's outside their (unpublished) roadmap for the product or in the too difficult basket, no guarantee it will receive any attention.
    Vern.

Revisiting that quote......

"....We will, of course, be merging some outstanding issue fixes into our next BIG destination for Train Sim World and we’ll update you on that soon…"

.....I am left wondering if, by using the phrase "outstanding issues", DTG mean really really BIG and IMPRESSIVE problems (as in "She has an outstanding figure!") or that they are problems yet to be addressed.

Or maybe both.

But irregardless of that, perhaps by "next BIG destination" they mean the rubbish tip.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Next big destination? Probably the European release.

There has been lots of speculation and wishful thinking on the uktrainsim site about which UK route will/should be included.

Phil I had lots of fun with your Big Boy in MSTS on Marias Pass back in the day. Still have the zip file of it on one of my HDs.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Pass...............forever.
    A shame about the physics 'cause its eye-candy factor is impressive, no matter what one thinks about DTG.

Nice quote, especially for our times, but maybe appropriate to give credit to the Nobel laureate who said it:

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."
    - Bertrand Russell
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

"A software suggestion is not a valid answer to a configuration/troubleshooting question." - Timelmer

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Next big destination? Probably the European release.

There has been lots of speculation and wishful thinking on the uktrainsim site about which UK route will/should be included.
    That read more like the usual wish list as every gricer over there posts their own preference, although given the choice of Sandpatch for the US release it's not necessarily going to be something blindingly obvious. We know they have licensing issues with Virgin so unlikely to be either ECML or WCML. Smart money is either something Western or (oh no, not again) maybe the Settle & Carlisle. Chances are it will be modern and plastic so there is minimal rail infrastructure to model and simple to operate modern DMU or EMU which will gloss over any physics shortcomings.

I now stand ready to be wowed and amazed, while eating my virtual hat.
    Vern.