Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CSX bright future update video

Default CSX bright future update video

Like us on Facebook BN Productions and on youtube to see train simulator videos.
    https://www.facebook.com/BNProuctions/ https://www.youtube.com/c/BNSF650

A pretty video....nice job.
    It's just a pity that DTG are graphics-obsessed.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I love their graphics though to be honest. It's kind of like saying Run8 is MP or physics obsessed haha

I wish Run8 had a bit better sunsets to actually show the sun. Ambient light due to light pollution would be nice as well. There are some places I run where it's just too dark to switch properly at night under the realistic settings.

I think physics is a very complicated issue that needs lots of calculations and professional input. Manpower alone and money thrown at it won't do the trick. For me it's all about repeat playability. Something this sim lacks I'm afraid. But I do enjoy the visuals and appreciate those that provide us what we are missing out on.

Too bad we couldn't have the best of both worlds.

Thanks

Sean

Who said trains can't stop on a dime?

The visuals are absolutely stunning. Superb visuals. Love the lighting effects. Probably takes a computer the size of this small bedroom in order to run it as nicely as the video! I do not have any DTG or RW products... but I must say that these graphics are the best out there in train simming.

Quote Originally Posted by Coonskin View Post
    ...... but I must say that these graphics are the best out there in train simming.
    Train simming?
    No, Andre. Sadly, this product is not a simulation of trains - but it is an excellent demonstration of what is capable with 3D animation today on a PC.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Train simming?
    No, Andre. Sadly, this product is not a simulation of trains - but it is an excellent demonstration of what is capable with 3D animation today on a PC.
    Indeed it is. TSW = Train Scenery World!

Bright future... when I checked Steam Spy the other day, during their last recorded 24 hour interval less than 100 souls had actually been playing this.
    Vern.

I'm just curious, and I haven't played it. So perhaps those who have played it and have Run8 can help me. I understand the physics are that bad. But I want to know from a Run8 perspective. If the physics were better but not as good as Run8 would you enjoy this sim? Personally I believe I would, but not in it's current state.

Thanks

Sean

The problem is, even if DTG beefed up the physics, it's still only one relatively short route not particularly challenging for train driving. Double track, so no meets to manage. No way of creating additional scenarios or activities other than those supplied by DTG. Now I admit to having slackened off a bit with Run 8 of late (indulging my inner Airline Captain) but at least you have a varied and interesting route(s) to run over, can make up your own consists either as the player train or to place as spawn along the route. You have control of the despatching and are not following a preset path which mucks up if something isn't where the sim thinks it should be at a certain time.
    Vern.