Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Goku (TRES ) has humans walking in OR!

Default Goku (TRES ) has humans walking in OR!

Like car spawners? ... with animated humans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z61lYgzvlKw
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

RW is now on the defensive... *sarcasm implied*. Goku has certainly been adding little animation themes here and there in his editor. People walking today, having coffee tomorrow! Only thing that stands out aside from all the walkers is the speed differential seems a little unnatural, a little too fast. Not that that's how the average speed is, but maybe that can be incorporated somehow into the editor setting (speed, activity? etc.). What are your plans on this, Goku?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

That is excellent.

That's kind of neat, but those clones might make for a bit of an uncanny experience if viewed too up closely.

Those walking figures have been around for a long time. I think it was Didi who first made them for MSTS.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

That is neat, and would make for nice background realism/action. I wouldn't find myself focusing closely enough to think it odd.
    On the humorous side, the guys with wheel barrels and women with strollers cruising up and down the stairs was funny, but the most hilarious thing was the guys with the ladder - they just creamed this woman's head while walking by!
    That all aside, if one can customize the amounts of people, and speeds, this is really a cool feature.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    Those walking figures have been around for a long time. I think it was Didi who first made them for MSTS.
    It's quite more than what the great Didi did. As Goku is explaining in the ET forum, these humans walk along a sort of car spawners. Let's wait he makes this publicly available and we'll be able to try it.

Great work. Anything that improves graphics is good and this is beyond that. Don't know how MS released a train simulator without visible people. On routes where there are just static people on the platforms increases realism quite a bit and here in this video the humans are walking!!
    Last edited by advut; 06-08-2017 at 03:52 PM.

Sorry to throw a dampener on this but whilst people moving OFF platforms (in streets, across bridges etc.) would be good the fact is that people DON'T move that much on station platforms. Most stay relatively still waiting for the train. When they disembark they move as a crowd to the exits BUT as started by RS they don't walk onto the track, away from the logical exit, appear from non existent coaches or wagons that wouldn't hold them or walk round like prisoners in an exercise yard. The originals (Didi ?) had a few couples moving slowly along the platform whilst most stood still. Even in the video folk walk through one another?

Hopefully Goku is looking at all these issues before release?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Geoff, good reminder of human nature around trains! (Not only do humans stand still on platforms, but they look in one direction - the direction they expect their train to arrive from!).

What Goku is doing is really setting up the tools to be applied by route developers. How good it works is going to depend on the work of the route developer.

Christopher