Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: New TSRE route editor tips & tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    F2 >==> Click on [HeightMap+] >>==> Brush settings: Size=1, Intensity=1(this is fine setting) In View Menu Check 'Terrain Grid' (it's easy whem you can see the vertex's to position the cursor.

The 'Z' key toggles terrain vertex up/down. VERY handy sliding cursor around with mouse and left finger on 'Z' key. Tapping left mouse does it. Sliding ... painting, with the cursor is really a nice feature, especially with larger brush (cursor) sizes. A real joy working with terrain compared to MSTS.
    Beware of terrain gaps . . . you can loose stuff, falls though the hole if dragging ... bye . . . it's a looong way down.

edit add: For a very fine adjustment of terrain you can use a track or road section or come to think of it, most any object can be used to adjust and/or flatten terrain. However some objects/shapes produce some very strange terrain sculpting. The Ctrl+Z key comes in handy here. v
    Hey Vince, I'm not figuring out from your quoted post how to lower terrain... I've got terrain spill over the tracks. Any clicking I do raises the terrain higher to spill even worse...

What am I missing?

Eric,

When you do this terrain editing, does the 'HeightMap' button have a plus sign (+) or negative sign (-) on it? If it's still positive, you'll have to click (I usually right-click-drag a little bit) on the screen, and then press Z while the HeightMap button is selected to change into hole-digging mode. You can press Z again to go back to raising mountains

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Eric,

When you do this terrain editing, does the 'HeightMap' button have a plus sign (+) or negative sign (-) on it? If it's still positive, you'll have to click (I usually right-click-drag a little bit) on the screen, and then press Z while the HeightMap button is selected to change into hole-digging mode. You can press Z again to go back to raising mountains
    Exactly, unlike RE with the up and down arrows to control raising and lower terrain. TSRE uses the same Z key for raising and lowering terrain - not the most intuitive approach. What I do love about TSRE is the ability to use the brush with Z key for broad smooth shifts in height
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Thanks — that did the trick. Overall, much easier in TSRE to click than having to draw the box, but I do miss being able to sculpt a jagged ridge in one move.
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-13-2018 at 08:21 PM.

Is there an easy way to jump to different areas of a route (like using RE Explore in MSTS RE), other than entering LAT & LONG and jumping each time?

Thanks,
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

Quote Originally Posted by jefffarq View Post
    Is there an easy way to jump to different areas of a route (like using RE Explore in MSTS RE), other than entering LAT & LONG and jumping each time?

Thanks,
    There is!

Navi_Wndw.gif

The two drop-down menus of the Navi window allow you to jump to marker locations, or station and siding interactives. In my example, I have it set to list station interactives to jump to (| Route: Stations), and the particular station is set to Sarto. So if I click 'Jump' now, I will teleport there...to the geographic center of nowhere...

If you don't have any of those, you can use lat/lon coords., or tile numbers as I do

Aha! Thank you, sir!
    Jeff

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently-talented fool.

Hello friend, for years I created a route in the msts editor and I used the dinamyck track, when I edit and save the TSRE5 and run with the error open rail, is there a solution?

Could please someone explain what are the recommended cutting and size parameters in TSRE to have less flat area around/next to the track when I press F for attaching the terrain to the track?

When I press F to attach the terrain to the track the area is very flat and the cuttings are very away from the tracks

I want to have a higher cuttings and less flat area next to the tracks something like the picture showed below

Screenshot_20181206-151825.jpg

Thanks

It is covered in the TSRE Manual here >>>===> http://koniec.org/tsre5/

There are links on this page. One is for terrain. I think the subject of cuttings & embankments is covered there.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"