Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: New TSRE route editor tips & tricks

Hello to all...

I have a question.. what is the best and fast way to add All mile post (in my case Kilometer post) to the full route using TSRE... ????

I will appreciate suggestions

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

The method I use is to use a ruler to measure how far between mileposts. In the TSRE Tools menu of the Objects window is a built-in ruler function. When measuring mileposts in Real-World routes, use the Geo length rather than game length. It's remarkably fast to measure out 1600 meters (or in your case, 1000), place a milepost, and move on to the next. I did 90 miles of mileposts and signals in an hour and a half. Make sure you delete the ruler objects when you're done. OR won't necessarily choke on them, but they will create errors in the log file if left

Thanks a lot for the information Travis...

Ok understood... I will be doing that this weekend.. and see how fast I could drive

Thanks and regards

Enviado desde mi SM-A720F mediante Tapatalk

Max Placing Radius

Did you plan on having your railroad grade crossing span every track in a wide area, but the orange cubes don't cover all of them? Do you want to make sure one railroad line's mileposts doesn't cover a parallel line that uses a different milepost measurement?

This is where the Max Placing Radius box comes into function. By default, it's set at 30. For the purpose of this tip, the Max Placing Radius function and it's text box are highlighted in red.

Here, we are attempting to place a railroad crossing gate at a wide multi-track crossing. Notice that the two furthest tracks aren't covered.

Click on the text box below the Max Placing Radius text and change the value to an appropriate number. For this example we've changed the Max Placing Radius to 50 and this allows each track served by the crossing to be covered by the orange box.

This little function should allow you to have proper massive-sized crossings and limited-track-reach mileposts, among other things.

That's cool, thanks!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Do you guys have any tips regarding catenary placement? How many meters do set the auto placement to? And how do you avoid duplicate poles being placed over existing ones? I thought doing an auto placement on a new tile would prevent that, but it still add poles on top of existing ones on the neighbour tile.

Default Simplifying Level Crossing Placement

When I first started placing interactive crossing signals in TSRE, it was a difficult and painful process. But over time, I found a way to make it much easier. Here goes:

1. Place your first interactive. I usually start with the gate shape. Use the NumPad arrow keys to move your shape into a rough position. Note that during this process you may move the camera laterally, but you should not rotate the camera at all. The grid that TSRE uses while moving an object using the NumPad arrows is based on camera angle, so rotating it after placing an object will throw off subsequent objects, and they will not line up perfectly. At this point, this is what I have:
    Xing_1.jpg

2. Place the second interactive - in this case, the flashers. Use the same method for moving the object as the first one. Once the flasher is in place, if there are no more interactives to be placed, you may move and rotate the camera freely. Another progress shot:
    Xing_2.jpg

3. Mow you can select both gate and flasher, or more if needed, as a group (Ctrl-Click each part) and move them into their final position. I typically set the rotation right by copying rotational data from a road piece. Be sure to pick a level road piece, or your signal will be leaning. While you can't copy or paste rotational data from individual crossing objects, you can do this with groups of crossing objects. Once I do this I can use the Copy Pos/Rot botton and instantly align any static parts that remain to be placed.
    Xing_3.jpg

Note that if a crossing is on a track piece that extends from another tile, copying position won't work (copying rotation will still work). Attempting to use position copying will result in the static part disappearing (actually it teleports a mile or two away). The way to tell if this is a problem is to select one of the interactives. If one of the x- or z- coordinates is larger than 1024, it is on a track piece extending over a tile boundary. To this point, I haven't had any problems with a crossing that is physically in one tile, but in another's .w file. When this is the case, you'll have to eyeball static object placement. I usually place objects with the crosshairs on top of the mast, copy the y- coordinate from the mast shape, and then copy rotation data from the interactive shapes so it lines up (that still works on out-of-tile shapes). In the end, I get this:
    Xing_4.jpg
    Good luck, all. Hope this helps you protect all those crossings