Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New TSRE route editor tips & tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I found that tweaking terrain under a Transfer can be difficult.
    If you mean that transfer didn't updated while terrain painting - it was a bug introduced with new terrain renderer.
    Fixed here: http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/TSRE5_v0.6942.exe
    If you mean that sometimes transfer doesn't fit terrain - it looks worse when you look from far distance. Selection makes no differnce.

Don't understand your solution, but the transfer display problem can be ignored. Transfers just look bad in TSRE renderer. So don't waste time for TSRE fine adjustements because there will be no difference in OR or MSTS. Of course if you like that kind of work, or are distracted by bad TSRE dislay, you can do it

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Don't understand your solution, but the transfer display problem can be ignored. Transfers just look bad in TSRE renderer. .............snip................................. ...
    Hi Goku,
    Thanks, you have saved me from tweaking a non-problem. I did not know the rendering would be okay in OR.

regards,
    vince
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Vince, please explain how to so fine adjustments to terrain. I have several situations where the ground is just a tad too high and the run out from those points is either covering sidewalks or intruding into the street. A minor change to decrease the altitude of individual vertex points is what I need to do.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

F2 >==> Click on [HeightMap+] >>==> Brush settings: Size=1, Intensity=1(this is fine setting) In View Menu Check 'Terrain Grid' (it's easy whem you can see the vertex's to position the cursor.

The 'Z' key toggles terrain vertex up/down. VERY handy sliding cursor around with mouse and left finger on 'Z' key. Tapping left mouse does it. Sliding ... painting, with the cursor is really a nice feature, especially with larger brush (cursor) sizes. A real joy working with terrain compared to MSTS.
    Beware of terrain gaps . . . you can loose stuff, falls though the hole if dragging ... bye . . . it's a looong way down.

edit add: For a very fine adjustment of terrain you can use a track or road section or come to think of it, most any object can be used to adjust and/or flatten terrain. However some objects/shapes produce some very strange terrain sculpting. The Ctrl+Z key comes in handy here. v
    Last edited by Vince; 01-18-2018 at 08:28 PM.

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

Vince,

How do I name a new siding or station so the name shows up in the Sim ?

Place a siding or platform marker and fill in the properties for each item.

edit/add: I don't know how your TSRE is set up but on the TSRE Objects Panel I just type in 'platform' and I find the Platform marker.
    Select it, place on track. Movement is about the same as MSTS. Use 2,4,6,8 keys to move or you can drag w/mouse.
    Have fun!

PLATSIDEPROPERTIES.jpg

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 01-09-2018 at 12:15 AM. Reason: added info

Thank you Vince,
    Nice concise answer, job done.
    I also notice I can copy the marker and place it along track,
    Just renaming the place.
    JL

Vince,

I have been able to creat PDF files of the text in your tips, but the images of the panels etc. are almost
    useless because the resolution is so low. I can upload a zip file of the .pdf files to the library, but would
    it be too much for you to provide your tips in seperate files so that they can be printed. I have the
    basic instructions Goku provided printed and in a 3-ring binder, but it would be nice to add the instructions
    of yours behind the basic instructions. It is possible to print the contents of this thread, but then you get
    a lot of extraneous material like the heading data that does not relate to the instruction.

Jerry Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Another thank you Vince,
    For a very helpful thread.
    Station names also had me pondering.
    Cheers Ross