Thread: TSCAD v2 Update

1. Default TSCAD v2 Update

Good morning!

I wanted to share the latest TSCAD development update. Two features that I've been working on and I am excited to show are "Route Stacking" and "Fast Routes".

(Doug, if you happen to read this, I hope you'll agree the route planning tools in TSCAD will be far superior to that of the ED after you check out this update! )

"Fast Routes" give the dispatcher the ability to quickly setup a route from block A to block B without having to manually throw any switches or manually align any signals.

"Route Stacking" gives the dispatcher the ability to plan ahead and allow the computer to handle setting up routes once they are clear. Extremely useful for keeping trains quickly moving along at meets, etc.

Without further delay, here is the latest. Feedback is always welcome and appreciated.

Kevin Morgan
    Form B Studios

Looking awesome. Do you have multiple stacks as well? I take it stack can work just like a fast route.

Thanks

Sean

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Looking awesome. Do you have multiple stacks as well?
    Thanks Sean!

Yep, multiple stacks are entirely supported. In fact, I set up multiple stacks in the current video. Around 2:55 in the video I add a second stack at CP Hutt. The first goes to Hinkley, the second goes to Jim Grey. I then immediately cancel the second stack (to Jim Grey) as I did not want to actually execute that one.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    I take it stack can work just like a fast route.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "stack can work just like a fast route"...
    Kevin Morgan
    Form B Studios

That's right, I actually seen the video twice (perhaps I need a 3rd).

From what I understand in watching the video, you have fast routes that can line up point a to point b without issue if there is no conflicting traffic. Will line up switches etc.

I'm just wondering if a stack would do the same thing as I recall seeing end show up for the end point of the stack. I'll watch the video again in case I missed anything else.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by unforgivnn View Post
    (Doug, if you happen to read this, I hope you'll agree the route planning tools in TSCAD will be far superior to that of the ED after you check out this update! )
    I did read this (I don't miss too much to do with Run 8 and supporting software) and I will agree that it looks very good. I will wait to pass judgment against the OED (Original External Dispatcher) until TSCAD is released and I get to use it, LOL.

Keep up the great work, it's looking very good.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

1/2 asleep here, anyways, latest news flash, may be of interest for those that enjoy DS side of the sim. Looks like an update to TSCAD had been offered during the day. https://www.formbstudios.com/release-notes-v207

Yeah this will be of use to those missing routes etc. like I was. My plate is full these days with other projects. But this looks to be a nice update.

Thanks

Sean