Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 Canadian Imports Activity

Default SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 Canadian Imports Activity

Well, after a running other routes, I came back to see how well the OR improvements are handling some older Routes and Activities. While running Canadian Imports activity, I have come to a halt at East Monroe alongside the AI that was ahead of my train. It was already stopped.

Going into the Dispatch Window, changing the red to a green for the AI doesn't do any good, it proceeds to just past the light and stops, even with the turnout changed for that track. Ditto for my Player train. Neither can proceed.

I am at a loss. I have included a pic and the OR Report.[IMG]SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 2 reds by D Leblanc, on Flickr[/IMG]

OpenRailsLog.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Well, after a running other routes, I came back to see how well the OR improvements are handling some older Routes and Activities. While running Canadian Imports activity, I have come to a halt at East Monroe alongside the AI that was ahead of my train. It was already stopped.

Going into the Dispatch Window, changing the red to a green for the AI doesn't do any good, it proceeds to just past the light and stops, even with the turnout changed for that track. Ditto for my Player train. Neither can proceed.

I am at a loss. I have included a pic and the OR Report.[IMG]SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 2 reds by D Leblanc, on Flickr[/IMG]

OpenRailsLog.zip
    Don6218, I experienced the same problem. There is an update from 2.0 to 2.1 in Trainsimulations site that fixes the problem. Now I am able to run the activity without problem. Hope this helps.

Thank you for that info.

Downloaded and ready to go!
    Last edited by Don6218; 07-06-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Thank you for that info.

Downloaded and ready to go!
    Glad I could help,enjoy.

Yup seems to be working. It looks like the AI that we are to follow has been eliminated or it starts beyond the sight-line, as well the Player train starts further up the track. I passed the problem area with no issues.

Thanks again.

Ok, now I have reached XXXX and all of a sudden at 24fps OP shuts down???????

What may be happening? I went by the problem area and now there is another one? Hmmm this activity may be cursed..........Any suggestions from the Alumni???BNSF Scenic 1.jpg

................................Any suggestions from the Alumni???BNSF Scenic 1.jpg
    Not unless you ZIP up the LOG file and attach it to the thread. Error message is too small to read and is usually of little help without the log file.
    Charles

First time I ran this activity, I thought it was incomplete...or quickly written as something to include with the route.
    For starters, there is no BNSF S-SEAKCK 4897 EAST that leaves before the player. So I rewrote the act...I have not run it in a few years.
    I ran it yesterday in OR, runs good. There's an interesting three-way meet at Scenic, with the player having to stop on the main outside of west scenic while Scenic clears (4897 east is waiting for a westbound). I have no idea if that is good practice or something that would ever happen, outside of an equipment malfunction. There's also starting the player train on a 2.1% grade at Scenic.

You run on the yellows, if you don't like that, set 4897 start time about 30 minutes earlier.
    Try running this...runs all the way for me. Perhaps, it will help, nothing more frustrating than trying to run an activity that seems to take every opportunity to derail itself. Some of it is the transition from MSTS to ORTS. Other-times it is just incomplete activity construction.

I've attached the copy of my re-written activity...Routes and Trains folders in a zip.
    WATCH OUT ---- IT WILL OVERWRITE YOUR EXISTING ACTIVITY AND CONSISTS. So plan accordingly!CanadianImports.zip

One thing, I've got all the equipment for this activity tuned for OR...using eng and wag include files, so you may get different results when using original MSTS stock.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-06-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: include files
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

OpenRailsLog (2).zip

I wasn't sure, I will put it up soon. OK, here is the OR file. Thanks.
    Last edited by Don6218; 07-07-2017 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Added file

Ok, it seemed to work fine past the previous trouble spots but now as I am approaching MP-1730 it shuts down OR again.

I changed everything in Gerry's file, except for the consists. I only added the BNSF S-SEAKCK 4897 EAST consist, that was new. The rest I had already changed the rolling stock for better stuff. I am right behind that consist maintaining suitable space. The activity ends just after exiting the siding and getting to the 20mph post at 27fps and 19mph.

Here is the new OR Log:
    OpenRailsLog.zip

This activity just does not like my computer or me..........Hmmmph. I have tried 4 other activities that criss-cross this route with no problems at all in Open Rails.