Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 Canadian Imports Activity

World files are compressed by default. You need Route Riter or TSUtils to uncompress them.

But I don't think the world files are your problem. I think its a system resource problem. It is well known that your system is long in the tooth and you never have the funds to do any component upgrades.

The "problem" world file 012853+014731 is the area between MP 1725-1726. Milepost 1730 where your train is located when the sim bombs out is located on world file 012855+014731, only 2 tiles away. I suspect its the loop in the trackwork to handle the Foss River Bridge that is compressing lots of track miles into world files that are close by. Add to that the AI train running ahead of you is right in that area, at a time your system is trying to load near-adjacent tiles in advance. 012853+014731 just happens to be the tile being read when your system runs out of whatever it needs.

For grins and giggles, try having the player train wait for 5-10 minutes just past East Sky interlocking until the AI gets a few more tiles ahead. Then proceed into the Foss River area. See what happens when you don't have the overhead of the AI to load.
    Last edited by geepster775; 07-08-2017 at 05:48 PM.

Regarding opening the W files, should not be a problem...all the ones you zipped up decompressed and compressed okay using Zipper. When decompressed they were readable and looked normal.
    However, you did not include the file named in the OR log (an oversight, perhaps) - please zip up and post w-012853+014731.w, no need to decompress before zipping it up. I'll look at it, but unless it is something remarkably obvious I'm not sure what I can do.

I have attached a screenshot of zipper, showing the settings I used to decompress&compress the world files. RouteRiter will do the same thing, a little more complicated procedure than Zipper.
    With Zipper you can just drag&drop the files onto the desktop shortcut or open the program and drag&drop onto the program window.
    bandicam 2017-07-08 14-47-08-767.jpg

I'll try to run the activity to Foss to see what happens. I'm not sure what is happening with your situation.
    I'm sure one of the more experienced people will eventually spot the solution. I can appreciate your frustration.

Edit...I just saw geepsters most recent post (#21)...my money is on him. The world files you provided look normal and match mine, the zipper problem is unrelated to the route problem. The "weird coding" gibberish you are seeing is just how a compressed file would look when opened in Context or other file management utility.
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-08-2017 at 06:07 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Yes, thank you geepster775, my system isn't the newest or most powerful, but when I see 38-40fps and even the 28fps when it calves out, I am not thinking that it is the computer resources necessarily, I also use a "Power Boost" ThumbDrive.

I am going to try that, I was actually thinking about a little longer waiting time before starting from that last siding. The area of that bridge is very intense, particularly with the higher poly rolling stock I am using.

BTW, have any of you used "Simis Editor"? It decodes the gibberish and is a free download. I still don't know what most of it means though, but at least it becomes readable.

Just a quick blurb to spread some important understanding on what RR really tests and when.
    Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    "..........snip..............................
    Ran the route through RR again and it passes with no errors found...............snip.......................... .."

A common misconception folks saying they have "Ran the route through RR..." and believing they have fully tested the route.

Not so! There is more to test . . .
    The RR [[B]Check Route/B]] procedure tests for the presence of the correct textures for the shapes and terratex the routes needs.
    It can be directed to also check for stuck (non-animated) points and misplaced Sound Sources but it does NOT test the routes database files. World files are part of a routes databases, i.e. world, tdb. rdb & all interactive objects.

A user must run the [ICHK] test on the TSItils Tab along with the [Check Route] test to fully test he route.
    The [ICHK]s the only way test the correct relationship of database files to the world files.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I have run ICHK in RR previously, but anyway here is a copy. All I see is a bunch of track "Shapes" that seem to be a problem, but how do I know which ones are needed and which ones are not?

BNSF Scenic ICHK.zip

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Ok, Gerry has hit the nail on the head. This is what I would like is to know what these warnings mean and how do I go about correcting them?

Now, I have passed the same areas, these are the ".w" files??, running other activities with no issues. Do these ".w" files stay constant or do they change as far as an activity goes? This is all Geek-Speak to me when I look at the OR Log file lines. I would like some direction in which to start with these "errors", I have looked at some and did comparisons, then some substitutions, but nothing seems to change.

Can Route Righter fix some of these? I ran the activity through RR and it came back with no errors. Is there another test that I am missing that RR can run? The CHK Route brings back a slew of track errors.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Now, that brings me to another question, because of the track errors. I have noticed that as I progress through the activity the rails themselves change back and forth from a nice scale narrow rail to the "old style" MSTS wide ugly rails, seemingly at certain spots. I have the latest Scale-Rail installed as well as other rail configurations in the main Global folder and the route folders.

Thank You for all the suggestions. Now I just need that guidance as to where to start correcting some of the errors from the log.
    Hey Don, In all of the scalerail modding I've done I had a problem with the track, roadbed etc. doing the same thing and found I couldn't have the SR and stock track .s files in the same folder. When I did the Scenic Sub I believe all track converted ok. I removed the original, X-track etc from global. With only the SR in there no more dual track bleeding together. All routes that converted over entirely are ok with super elevation. Some have the switches not converted and seem ok. Its the non dynamic curves that seem to cause the problem.

section of Scenic 1
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-501.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-502.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-503.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-504.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-505.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-509.s
    ../../routes/BNSF_Scenic/shapes/DynaTrax-510.s
    - if any non SR track is present they will come up in this space ahead of road pieces
    DirtRoad2L22deg.s
    DirtRoad2L45deg.s
    DirtRoad2LaneT.s
    DirtRoad2LCross.s
    DirtRoad2Lstrt100m.s
    DirtRoad2Lstrt10m.s
    DirtRoad2Lstrt250m.s
    DirtRoad2Lstrt50m.s

section of Scenic 2
    - no stock, x-tracks listed
    Road2Lstrt50m.s
    Road4L22deg.s
    Road4Lstrt100m.s
    Road4LStrt10m.s
    Road4Lstrt250m.s
    Road4Lstrt50m.s
    SR_1tBuffer_w.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_00500r05d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_00500r10d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_00500r20d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_01000r05d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_01000r10d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_01500r05d.s
    SR_1tCrv_w_02000r05d.s
    SR_1tEnd_w_05dL.s

It seems that its mainly curve pieces as far as I can tell. Some routes I have 3D SR, US3, and original swiches, crossings etc. but no stock curves. That's when the track bleeding together seems to occur. When I do a route I run it through RR first then make a list of track and road sections. Go over the list and see what track pieces it uses and make conversion list for ReplaceText2.2 If there are curve sections there are no SR replacements for then it wont work properly as far as I have seen so far.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike
    Last edited by DirtyRam; 07-09-2017 at 09:11 AM. Reason: spelling

I have run ICHK in RR previously, but anyway here is a copy. All I see is a bunch of track "Shapes" that seem to be a problem, but how do I know which ones are needed and which ones are not?

BNSF Scenic ICHK.zip

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thank you.
    The [ICHK}] looks for ALL shapes contained in the \GLOBAL\TSection.dat file. If you don't have every shape listed in the tsection.dat of course it counts as a error. RR has a routine to produce a customized \GLOBAL\Tsection.dat file that will eliminate these false errors. It also make a copy called Master Tsection.dat which is a backup copy of the original.

You do need be concerned by this:
    Code:
    Local 'tsection.dat' is checked and loaded (Bias=(40000,40000))
     ---> 'TrackSection()': Section-Index 376 is too small to fit into 'tsection.dat'(local) (min=40000)
        'tsection.dat(local)' contains 5 Records'
    Continuation between 'tsection.dat'(local) and global 'tsection.dat'(old) is not correct-- Function failed
    In other words, the test DID NOT run because you are attempting to test a route that was built with the DEFAULT TSection.dat file in a install that is using the STANDARDIZED Tsection.dat

To fully test this route you must temporarily rename the \global\tstection.dat to temptsection.dat then get the default \global\tsection.dat and put that in the place of the renamed tsection.dat.

One last important point!
    DO NOT under ANY circumstance do any editing on even SELECTING any track or road in this route!
    If you do you WILL destroy the route because of attempting to edit with the new standardized \global\tsection.dat file in place.

If you want to edit the route it's LOCAL TSection.dat file MUST be re-indexed. This is done with the Horace or Archibald Utilities.
    Tutorials at the Steam4Me site.
    regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 07-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Thank you Vince for narrowing this issue down. I think that the track portion of the data has become corrupted somehow and I have since moved on to running some other routes. Green River is operating at 48-52fps, so it seems fine.

I want to thank everyone for their input, I have defininately taken some knowledge away from this experience.

I will take the suggestion Vince gave as soon as I have some time to put into it. Baby Steps first! Just so it doesn't get screwed up I have a complete backup of the original with the updates installed on another drive, it just doesn't have the changes I made to the route so I would like to preserve those parts. I know it is probably easy, but so is making an error! LOL