Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SLI BNSF Scenic 2.0 Canadian Imports Activity

Guys,

Lets remember that there are 3 versions of this activity floating around out there. The unpatched original V2 (installed by the original route installer, not available today), the patched V2 (installed by the patch installer), and patched again by the BNSF locomotive upgrade pack which replaced all of the flintstone wheel models with the newer models with different road numbers (installed by the loco upgrade pack or installed by any recent purchase of the route nowadays).

Running Gerry's revised activity, the 4897 is well ahead past Snohomish Jct before my rear end has cleared the Everett yard. I catch no bad signals until I am sent into the siding at Monroe for a rather long wait for the coal train that is meeting the 4897 further ahead at Gold Bar.

Don, please see this warning in your log:
    Warning: System.IO.FileLoadException: D:\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\BNSF_Scenic\WORLD\w-012853+014731.w ---> System.Exception: Unrecognized subHeader "[email protected]@" in D:\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator\ROUTES\BNSF_Scenic\WORLD\w-012853+014731.w
    I'm out on a limb here, knowing nothing about World files, but perhaps looking at this file would lead to a solution?
    Also there's quite a few warnings in the log file that should be looked at. While warnings are normally not fatal to OR, too many of the right sort can cause problems.
    Since others are not running into problems with the activity as written or revised, it could mean you have a problem with part of the route.
    I say a part because you are able to run other activities without problems.
    Which may also indicate a World file (?).
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-07-2017 at 08:34 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Ok, Gerry has hit the nail on the head. This is what I would like is to know what these warnings mean and how do I go about correcting them?

Now, I have passed the same areas, these are the ".w" files??, running other activities with no issues. Do these ".w" files stay constant or do they change as far as an activity goes? This is all Geek-Speak to me when I look at the OR Log file lines. I would like some direction in which to start with these "errors", I have looked at some and did comparisons, then some substitutions, but nothing seems to change.

Can Route Righter fix some of these? I ran the activity through RR and it came back with no errors. Is there another test that I am missing that RR can run? The CHK Route brings back a slew of track errors.
    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****

Now, that brings me to another question, because of the track errors. I have noticed that as I progress through the activity the rails themselves change back and forth from a nice scale narrow rail to the "old style" MSTS wide ugly rails, seemingly at certain spots. I have the latest Scale-Rail installed as well as other rail configurations in the main Global folder and the route folders.

Thank You for all the suggestions. Now I just need that guidance as to where to start correcting some of the errors from the log.

Don, regarding the World file.
    You could zip up a copy of the World file in question and attach it to a post in this thread. That way, other folks could download it, decompress it and look for errors...
    -or-
    If you know how to decompress the World file, you could do that and then compare it to another World file, looking for obvious differences, starting with the SIMISA header. Although, that may not be the problem with the file.
    Here's the same file from my copy of the route...truncated to the 1st five entries in the file. Observe that the world file gives locating data (co-ordinates, elevation, scale and other data ) for objects used to populate the route. Without the world files the route only has topographic terrain - in other words you are looking at the Tiles in the tiles folder. (I hope that's correct)
    That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge.
    Look here >>> http://msts.steam4me.net/tutorials/h...ders_work.html -- the first two photos show the function of world files very clearly.
    Someone with Route building experience may be able to look at your file and spot what might be the problem.
    Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0w0t______

Tr_WorldFile ( 
    	Forest ( 
    		UiD ( 4294967295 ) 
    		ScaleRange ( 0 6.726233E-43 ) 
    		Area ( 99000 99000 ) 
    		Population ( 0 ) 
    		TreeSize ( 0 0 ) 
    		StaticFlags ( 00100000 ) 
    		Position ( 942.991 210.805 -949.252 ) 
    		QDirection ( 0 -0.945537 0 0.325515 ) 
    		VDbId ( 4294967295 ) 
    		StaticDetailLevel ( 0 ) 
    	) 
    	VDbIdCount ( 3 ) 
    	ViewDbSphere ( 
    		VDbId ( 0 ) 
    		Position ( -80.9808 503.953 115.492 ) 
    		Radius ( 912.603 ) 
    		ViewDbSphere ( 
    			VDbId ( 1 ) 
    			Position ( -26.7133 523.094 -52.8167 ) 
    			Radius ( 85.9125 ) 
    		) 
    		ViewDbSphere ( 
    			VDbId ( 2 ) 
    			Position ( -797.696 496.195 279.522 ) 
    			Radius ( 152.812 ) 
    		) 
    	) 
    	TrackObj ( 
    		UiD ( 1 ) 
    		SectionIdx ( 32 ) 
    		Elevation ( -0.0209439 ) 
    		CollideFlags ( 599 ) 
    		FileName ( A1t1000r5d.s ) 
    		StaticFlags ( 00200180 ) 
    		Position ( 870.61 514.662 -45.3996 ) 
    		QDirection ( 0.00930189 -0.534945 -0.00480971 0.844822 ) 
    		VDbId ( 4294967294 ) 
    		StaticDetailLevel ( 0 ) 
    	) 
    	TrackObj ( 
    		UiD ( 2 ) 
    		SectionIdx ( 21 ) 
    		Elevation ( -0.0209439 ) 
    		CollideFlags ( 583 ) 
    		FileName ( A1t500r10d.s ) 
    		StaticFlags ( 00200180 ) 
    		Position ( 788.892 512.844 -75.65 ) 
    		QDirection ( 0.00930175 -0.606546 -0.0048098 0.79498 ) 
    		VDbId ( 4294967294 ) 
    		StaticDetailLevel ( 0 )
    	) 
    	TrackObj ( 
    		UiD ( 3 ) 
    		SectionIdx ( 32 ) 
    		Elevation ( -0.0209439 ) 
    		CollideFlags ( 583 ) 
    		FileName ( A1t1000r5d.s ) 
    		StaticFlags ( 00200180 ) 
    		Position ( 703.844 511.018 -94.9919 ) 
    		QDirection ( 0.00859437 -0.640658 -0.00598292 0.767755 ) 
    		VDbId ( 4294967294 ) 
    		StaticDetailLevel ( 0 ) 
    	)
    Last edited by R. Steele; 07-08-2017 at 01:48 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Ok, now this is wierd, I use ConText a lot for odd files, the first three world files open with nonsense on the page, the fourth one looks like yours, also opened with ConText.

Could it be the world files are screwy? Corrupted somehow? I will have a look at the Steam4Me article and see if I can make something of it. The file is too large even zipped to send.

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    as I progress through the activity the rails themselves change back and forth from a nice scale narrow rail to the "old style" MSTS wide ugly rails, seemingly at certain spots.
    Provide us a screen of this.

Hi Don,
    as I progress through the activity the rails themselves change back and forth from a nice scale narrow rail to the "old style" MSTS wide ugly rails, seemingly at certain spots.

I would suggest you are using Super-elevation - not all track types are correctly dealt with. It'd be better to disable it.

Cheers,
    Ged

Nope, set at "0".

Ok, Gerry I downloaded the TK_Utils with Zipper to make the "W" files readable, but here again just an error telling me it cannot open the file, with using the "U" option also no good. Ran the route through RR again and it passes with no errors found. This really befuddles me, the fact that other activities work over the same trackage/area but this one barfs.
    I am including a partial of my World Files.

Partial world file BNSF Scenic.zip

Here is the Dispatcher's Window where the problem is this time:

BNSF Scenic New 2.jpg

I hope this helps maybe.

I also re-installed the complete route with updates to a neutral folder, the world files are still not readable using ConText or Zipper, I still get the same error/warning that it cannot open the file(s).
    Last edited by Don6218; 07-08-2017 at 05:06 PM.

Ok, a little more research on my part regarding SLI Routes that I have vs Others. I have found that some of the Older Routes, such as BNSF Scenic 2, ATSF Seligman both from SLI, as well as some early efforts from MLT such as GTA and Niagara Corridor have "W" files that can be read in WordPad and others within the same World File that cannot, it comes out just nonsense coding.

I also tried with some later (2015 up) routes from various sources, mostly downloaded from here, and all the world files are totally readable. Was/is there a
    predecessor
    to Zipper? It would seem that the older routes that were available had some weird coding maybe?
    Anyway, I was still perusing the errors in the log file and still cannot make head nor tail of them. The ones that point to a specific line number in a file should be easy enough to find and correct.

I like mysteries, but this is something beyond my understanding of this. I also had a look at other downloads and tutorials at S4M and nothing seems to point to this issue. That is where I downloaded the TK_Utils file for Zipper.