Thread: TSCAD (v2) 7/7/17 Update

1. Default TSCAD (v2) 7/7/17 Update

Hello!

A few more features have been completed for TSCAD. In this update, we take a look at both the new features and existing features all being used together. Most of the main features that are going to TSCAD are completed (save for testing, etc) and this video shows how might all be used.

TSCAD now has the ability to allow the dispatcher to add both device blocks and OS blocks. It also has the ability to add track tags (both restrictive and non-restrictive). A restrictive track tag would include things like speed restrictions and grade crossing restrictions. Non-restrictive would generally refer to notes the DS may add about a stretch of track. Both are used in the video.

I thought I would note that this may be the last video for awhile. Only because I have been focusing on the "fun" stuff...the features that the dispatcher will use. Now, there are a lot of little bugs to be fixed and a lot of "under the hood" stuff that must be worked on that you can't really see. So just because the videos may stop for awhile does not mean development is slowing!

Hope you enjoy this latest video and get a good idea for what the released product is going to look like.
    Kevin Morgan
    Form B Studios

Thank you, Kevin. This is most interesting and looks very involved.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

VERY involved.

My grey matter doesn't do steep learning curves much anymore.

I'm hoping I can get away with using it's basic functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    I'm hoping I can get away with using it's basic functionality.
    Ditto!
    BUT.....learning the complexities will help in the battle to stave off dementia. No joke.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Haha I do like to joke about my decline.

Sadly Run8 won't help (as much as I'd like it to) I recently lost mum to alzheimers and she was the queen of all things puzzles, crosswords, whodunnits etc.

Nothing we have at the moment can help unfortunately..

Very sorry to hear about your mum. Thoughts and prayer are with you.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    Sadly Run8 won't help (as much as I'd like it to) I recently lost mum to alzheimers and she was the queen of all things puzzles, crosswords, whodunnits etc..
    My condolences, Aussie. My dad succumbed to that (as did his dad) in 2004....so I guess it's on the cards for me if genetics are anything to go by.

However, it has been shown....and is continually being reinforced....that keeping the brain active through learning does have a beneficial effect in reducing the onset of dementia.
    On the advice of a neurologist a couple of years ago I started to learn to play the piano and read music, which is the same as mastering a new language.
    It's the learning process which is important.

Quote Originally Posted by dab1068 View Post
    Very sorry to hear about your mum. Thoughts and prayer are with you.
    Thanks for your thoughts, it means a lot.

But truly she is in a much better place now, it's an awful disease.

Apologies to the OP, I have taken this thread so far off topic.