Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Seligman Sub West Released

Default Seligman Sub West Released

Run 8 Studios has released the BNSF Seligman Sub West for Run 8 Train Simulator V2 today. This route will connect to the Needles Sub, included with V2.

The Seligman Sub West route covers approximately 150 miles of track from Needles, CA to Seligman, AZ. Notable locations are Kingman Canyon, Kingman, AZ, Crozier Canyon, the Topock Colorado River Bridge and the double-track tunnel at Nelson. Industry work includes the Kingman Industrial Park, NuCor Steel and Lhoist North America.

The route is $40 and is available for purchase at http://www.run8studios.com/seligman-west.shtml

View Photo Gallery
    Shaun

Thanks very much, Shaun.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thank you for the heads up Shaun. Another quality route from Run 8.

I was somewhat disappointed to see that there is no pre-assembled "world" for Seligman.
    Is this because the "world" scenario for the Cajon/Mojave is essentially that for Seligman as well?
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I was somewhat disappointed to see that there is no pre-assembled "world" for Seligman.
    Is this because the "world" scenario for the Cajon/Mojave is essentially that for Seligman as well?
    It would have been pretty easy for them to include a world save that populated Seligman and the other routes without affecting anything else. I'm guessing the time pressure to get it released probably played a part in releasing without adding any rolling stock to the route. Look at the bright side, it gives us all something to do. I'm already running my first supply train from Seligman to Kingman to populate the industrial park.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

MP 95.0 Union Pacific Fresno Subdivision, Manteca, California

Wow, that looks very much how I remembered it when I was out there in September while on vacation. Can't wait for them to add the send part of the route into Flagstaff and to Winslow. I will be getting it when I get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    After taking a look, I noticed that some of the 01 AA world saves have traffic on the Seligman sub. I didn't notice if there was anything in any of the industries but there are some trains moving out there.
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Quote Originally Posted by dab1068 View Post
    After taking a look, I noticed that some of the 01 AA world saves have traffic on the Seligman sub. I didn't notice if there was anything in any of the industries but there are some trains moving out there.
    Yeah I noticed that before it came out. Brad's WorldSaves used to complain about "Deleted train that spawned on missing route." When I checked those XMLs out about 2 weeks ago, TDB 130 was listed, which, of course, is Seligman. So yeah, there is some AI traffic in the "Activity World Saves" from the latest update. BTW if anyone sees TBD ID 200, that's LA. Don't ask me how I know. (No I dont work with Run8, just some deep digging is all)

Quote Originally Posted by dab1068 View Post
    After taking a look, I noticed that some of the 01 AA world saves have traffic on the Seligman sub.
    Aaa-haaa! Yes! Thank you for that HU.
    I have loaded one of those saves (some 370 trains), taken control of a consist and have saved it as a "World".
    My journey from one end of the California system to the other will now be spread over even more operating sessions.

This sim just gets more delicious with each update!

I take it you don't need Cajon to merge this into the basic "western" collection?

Is there any additional rolling stock included with the pack or are we using the existing defaults? Must admit I haven't touched R8 for a few months, I was somewhat disappointed in Mohawk, driving western liveried locos and listening to "Barstow" radio chatter on a relatively flat and - sorry to say - rather boring scenery. It just didn't have the appeal or fascination of driving across Tehachapi then on to Needles.

From driving through the area some years ago, I presume the scenery on Seligman is similar to that on the Needles.

So go on, convince me this is a must have purchase!
    Vern.