Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Seligman Sub West Released

This is kind of why I'm holding out... LA might also have the brilliant Soledad Canyon route and of course much of the built up super-urban area to explore, but I will definitely need Cajon to add that, by the sound of things.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    This is kind of why I'm holding out... LA might also have the brilliant Soledad Canyon route and of course much of the built up super-urban area to explore, but I will definitely need Cajon to add that, by the sound of things.
    Soledad Canyon connects to the Palmdale cutoff, right? If that's the case you may not need Cajon; however, I recommend it anyway to complete the route directly to Barstow. If I am incorrect about that connection, then please disregard my blithering tripe. LOL
    Doug B.
    Eugene, Oregon, USA - Pacific Standard Time ( - 8:00 UTC )
    3.4 ghz Intel i7-3770 quad core processor, 8 gigs RAM, 2 gig AMD Radeon HD 7850

Lets keep to Thread heading please.
    Work Safe play hard

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Sorry to disagree (if that was aimed at me) but at $40 a shot and little likelihood 3DTS will put their routes on sale any time soon, I want to make an informed decision as to whether or not Seligman should be my first priority - especially having pretty much wasted my money on Selkirk/Mohawk. That includes not only opinion of Seligman from those having purchased the route but where it fits in the overall Run8 paradigm. Comments like that are more likely to result in me going off the whole idea and losing 3DTS any sale at all.

Sub it to another thread if you feel it doesn't belong in this one.
    Last edited by NorthernWarrior; 07-17-2017 at 02:57 PM.
    Vern.

Not sure if it was you or me Vern as I tend to flow from one subject to another like conversations naturally do. I'll try to keep my editorials to my youtube channel. But going back on topic as suggested, I've seen videos of this and it looks like a great double track mainline route.

I can see adding this to a bigger network being appealing to many who want to run save and run some more in SP. But considering Run8 is MP based I'd be curious how many servers fork out for 2 copies to put on a server and client to please the masses.

The more bigger the territory gets the more single player needs to dispatch. It means the more dispatchers are needed to keep the traffic running. Something other than a transcontinental double track mainline would be a welcome change.

Hopefully 1 day with enough serious growth the numbers will go up for the big servers to warrant running such huge networks. I'm just glad I gave up my 24/7 server when I did before letting a base down.

It's a great route and I hope it works out well for the team and I'm just speaking from a minority viewpoint. Been here since day 1 and despite Run8 still being the best sim out there in my opinion, would love to see what is in their future on their own website.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    I won't be as diplomatic as Vern and just say that the brandishing of your police badge was totally unnecessary.

We ARE discussing Seligman....and latterly the reasons why at least one owner of Run 8 is considering whether to buy it now or to wait for the next route addition.

Have another read of the thread.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

What seagoon said...

Usually the sound of crickets is deafening in this thread. Now, we have some thoughtful and educated discussion, speculation, listing of concerns and hopes and we get the club...

'tis why a visit here less and less...
    Avoid clichés like the plague...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie_FX View Post
    Would the LA extension encompass parts of the Surfliner route?
    Indeed it would. The San Bernadino Sub (Los Angeles) is in development for V2 and has been since 2014. So most of the Surfliner (especially from LA Station/Hobart Yard to Riverside outside Colton Crossing) is included in it.

Well I took the plunge and ordered it (Seligman). As Bruce said earlier this gives a linear route of over 400 miles from Bakersfield, probably unequalled by any other sim (probably not possible in some of them). Just waiting for my download link and we'll be off.

I'll look at adding Cajon later in the year followed by LA and at some time presumably will extend further east to Flagstaff (maybe include the Grand Canyon railway too!).
    Vern.

My son is trying to throw me off the plank as well I guess going across Canada wasn't enough track for him for his birthday

Thing is he hardly uses Run8 and I feel like a sucker. He is watching me type this is and says yeah he'll use Run8 more. What a consumer just like his mom

Thanks

Sean

P.S. he got a kick out of that last line!