Thread: Where are all the switch stands?

Default Where are all the switch stands?

Goodmorning, I am wondering if there are any better generic low level switch stands with animations to replace llthrow1.zip by Gary Sprandel.

Robert

I started work on some fictitious but generally North American looking switchstands a while back, so if nothing else, I could finish them up. As to any here, I don't think I've seen any animated low-level switchstands here

...and that's why I moved to Scalerail.... the switch stands are integrated into the turnouts, and you can modify the targets with an alpha-map to match what your favorite railroad uses be it a low stand or a high stand.

Marc had a good idea when he put those together but IMO it's a shame he didn't find the time to extend the concept a bit further and add other versions, like w/lights or to do a remote control machine.
    Dave Nelson

Seldom visiting, posting less often that that.

I suppose someone can get around to modeling a freight animation of desired switch machines or assorted switch equipment?
    "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today." - James Dean
    calrouteprojectmstsorts.weebly.com/
    californiapacificrailroadorts.weebly.com/
    Cheers, S. J. Hjellum

From demando -

I suppose someone can get around to modeling a freight animation of desired switch machines or assorted switch equipment?
    A freight animation? On a track piece? I'm not sure that can be done. I suppose one could make a signal object with just a lantern on it and position it above the scalerail switchstand if they really wanted it there

FA's on a track piece don't exist for MSTS, but it might make for an interesting ORTS addition...

Too bad no one else remembers or knows about those manual turnouts with the mouseable lever that was set parallel to the track, eh Joesph H.?

You know, the ones that shipped with the discs, not the later replacements.

Doug Relyea
    Making stuff that works, using outdated Software on outdated Hardware.

I remember them. I just don't remember the techincal aspects anymore.

Robert