Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: British route announced from TSW, pre-order now on Steam !!!!!

Default British route announced from TSW, pre-order now on Steam !!!!!

TSW have announced this afternoon the new British route for the TSW franchise, you can also pre-order it on Steam if you so desire, its release date is given as 24th August 2017, so, you have a couple of weeks to make a decision, but, you do get a discount if you have already obtained the CSX Heavy Haul release.

It's the Great Western MainLine out of London's Paddington Station to Reading Station in the modern era, with accompanying HST and a Class166 DMU in the GWR green livery, and a Class 66 diesel freight locomotive in DB Schenker red livery, although this is now outdated as the company was rebranded in March 2016 to DB Cargo UK, so, that's DTG's first failure.

And there is going to be a new Passenger mode, I can just see the number of suicide videos on You Tube will increase dramatically when this route gets released, I hope DTG will offer the appropriate Counselling......

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.

https://www.facebook.com/railsimulator/

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle..._Express_Pack/
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 07-20-2017 at 09:29 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Paddington to Reading, well that's only 36 miles unless they're including the branch lines. Should have at least gone to Oxford as in RS/RW or for the big sell, down to Bristol. Will e interesting to lurk UKTS over the next few days and check reaction.

And will the trainsets be new models or reworked old, if the latter then we may end up stuck with the godawful hydraulic transmission DMU physics...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Paddington to Reading, well that's only 36 miles unless they're including the branch lines. Should have at least gone to Oxford as in RS/RW or for the big sell, down to Bristol. Will e interesting to lurk UKTS over the next few days and check reaction.

And will the trainsets be new models or reworked old, if the latter then we may end up stuck with the godawful hydraulic transmission DMU physics...
    As I actually lived on that route for a few years and had travelled to Burnham (just beyond Slough) many times in Previous years AND worked for most of my working live close to Paddington Station I was interested to see how RS's "superior" graphics portrayed the route when RW was released. My commuting experience had been in 1st generation Class117 DMU's but the trackside scenery hadn't changed significantly in the intervening years.

I have to say I was somewhat more than underwhelmed by RW's route. ...as I was by RW overall. I uninstalled it.

NOW ....DMU physics aside can anyone tell me that DTG has improved upon the actual ROUTE and it's scenery since RW? If not the idea of buying yet another poor rendition of the actual route in ANY Sim would hardly seem worth clicking on the link for...
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Not sure, Geoff, I did note that DTG didn't show any footage of Paddington Station, which of course is electrified now, I wonder if it will be in the next video clip, probably next week, we'll have to wait and see. A bit underwhelming as you say, and folks need to obtain the CSX Heavy Haul route as well to get this offering, that hasn't gone down too well with a lot of Brits, they wonder why they have to have an American route they don't want, to get the UK route that is of more interest, DTG screwing the customers again, and no doubt this may be the same policy with the German route at the end of the year, ho hum....

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 07-21-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I got bored very quickly playing CSX. I got bored just watching the Facebook video of this new UK passenger route. I'll give this one a miss until they give me the tools so that I can make an interesting route. Anybody got any news about when this might be?

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    I got bored very quickly playing CSX.
    Same here, until they give TSW a bit of repeat playability like AI dispatching or even simple free roam mode, or give us the tools to do it ourselves, instead of just playing the same scenarios over and over again exactly the same each time it will be just taking up hard drive space after a couple of days. Even the service mode in CSX doesn't allow you to deviate from the script.

Myself and a friend spent an enjoyable evening railfanning between Paddington and Reading a couple of years ago so I will probably get it although I doubt it will give me as much entertainment as the real thing did.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    TSW have announced this afternoon the new British route for the TSW franchise, you can also pre-order it on Steam if you so desire...l]
    No thank you.
    I appreciate being invited to partake but I'll sit this one out, if you don't mind.

(My upbringing always taught me to be polite even if I was offered something unpalatable. )
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    Not sure, Geoff, I did note that DTG didn't show any footage of Paddington Station, which of course is electrified now, I wonder if it will be in the next video clip, probably next week, we'll have to wait and see. A bit underwhelming as you say, and folks need to obtain the CSX Heavy Haul route as well to get this offering, that hasn't gone down to well with a lot of Brits, they wonder why they have to have an American route they don't want, to get the UK route that is of more interest, DTG screwing the customers again, and no doubt this may be the same policy with the German route at the end of the year, ho hum....

Cheerz. Steve.
    Looking at the video again, a shame the team indulge their vanity with so many talking heads rather than voicing over footage of their work? I'm reminded more of World of Subways than a Simulator? Passenger mode, walking round the cab etc.

Quite why owning the UK route requires CSX is neither explained nor at all obvious? ...other than to milk the customers!

The class 66, as all of us here in Europe know, is merely a development of the SD40-2 and is pretty much all you're likely to see on those rails and no freight would be seen East of Old Oak Common anyway. Rather than containers the most common traffic is heavy aggregate trains which serve a yard beside Acton Main Line station which saw the introduction of the Class 59 (almost identical forerunner of the now ubiquitous 66s) which was commissioned by Hanson specifically for their heavy aggregate trains.

Already this route is out of date as you can see from this site https://anonw.com/tag/acton-dive-under/ which shows the typical traffic and liveries seen at Acton as well as the recent changes brought about by the Crossrail Development.

The justifications for the choice of route are debatable. It's far from being the busiest commuter route in the South East but it does have that traffic alongside HST's and Freight. It's really a compromise of all current UK rail activity. That choice in "era" itself limits prototypical types of stock and traffic. The same route set in the transition era would have presented far greater opportunity for traffic with the Paddington Goods Station still active, local stations having coal and drop off/pick up freight sidings, Milk Sidings at West Ealing and West Coast fast trains hauled by a variety of loco classes alongside commuter traffic with some long since demolished stations along the way.

Sadly the route was never done to current standards in MSTS (the only version being sparsely sceneried where any scenery existed at all), and so even though much of the prototypical stock was modelled it never saw it's potential in that Sim. The mass migration of the UK scene to DTG products has left few to carry UK train simming into the OR potential so basically UK fans will reap what they've sown
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

In terms of driving time, a non-stop HST will do Paddington to Reading in around 25 minutes. A stopping "Turbo" Class 166 will take around an hour. Freight varies but even following a stopping service will do Acton to Reading or vv in around 45 mins. There are various freight terminals along the line between Acton and Slough with the Colnbrook and Brentford freight only branches too, but assuming these are fully featured you will only have a short drive between there and Acton (or Reading) before the route ends.

Ownership of the original TSW is pretty much going to cause outrage, especially amongst the more parochial UK customers who have no interest in US etc. railways. IMHO a huge gaffe from DTG and you really have to begin to wonder what their overall commercial strategy (other than self-immolation) actually is!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    No thank you.
    I appreciate being invited to partake but I'll sit this one out, if you don't mind.

(My upbringing always taught me to be polite even if I was offered something unpalatable. )
    I don't mind what you do young Bruce, I was merely offering the good people around here the opportunity if they so wished, I have no current inclination personally to spend any money on this pish, but, thought my fellow hobbyists and Railsimmers alike might be interested.......I was brought up not too be selfish and keep everything to myself, my heartiest contrafibularities if you find the offering repugnant.......

Cheerz. ex.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 07-21-2017 at 08:53 AM. Reason: re-edit