Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Railcar Simulator

If it is too much of a problem Oskari, just the LQ Semaphores with AWS is fine. It's not a deal breaker, by any means.

Spot on Bob, but needs must if ATC realism is not available.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tarling View Post
    The ATC caution Siren is quite different from the caution Horn of AWS. .
    Thanks Bob, I must have missed the right sound. Can you point me to a recording or a video that has one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    Thanks Bob, I must have missed the right sound. Can you point me to a recording or a video that has one?
    How brilliant it is to see a developer seeking information which will assist in making his simulation more realistic.
    What an absolute pity that the heavy-hitters don't do it instead of ignoring feedback (see thread under TSW).

All credit to you, Oskari. Take another bow.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I wish i hadn't mentioned ATC now.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Hi there,

Bought the sim today and so far I have been loving it, fantastic when compared to TS20XX. I have noticed one small (potential) error though. I have been able to start the engines with the reverser in the neutral position. In the class 101 at least this is just a holding position to allow you to get the spoon in the engines will not start unless you have selected a direction. I'm not sure if this is the same on all of the first gen DMU's so if I am wrong don't worry. I also have copy's of the drivers static duty's and fault finding data published by BR in the 80's if that would be helpful to you.

Thanks,
    Eric

6. Default

I'm actively gathering all sorts of useful information and have been doing it for well over a decade now. If only I had the time to make use of it all!

The ATC horn still eludes me, I've listened to maybe two hours worth of TS Riviera videos on Youtube with a Grange or a Castle but all I've noticed is the bell which seems to be less hurried and lower pitch than the one for AWS currently in DRS...

Morning Oskari,

I've sent you an email .

Very Best Wishes,
    Bob.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by firstof5 View Post
    Bought the sim today and so far I have been loving it, fantastic when compared to TS20XX.
    Thanks Eric, I saw your message appear on FB before it became public here - will continue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tarling View Post
    I've sent you an email .
    Thanks Bob, I think I can synthesize the siren or make one by modifying some unrelated free siren sound, just like I did with the AWS horn. Will the siren continue to howl until the driver presses a button to acknowledge it? If a loco or a unit was dual-fitted with both ATC and AWS, were they completely separate systems or would the ATC have been integrated into the AWS except for the shoe?

My pleasure Oskari, no, the Siren doesn't continue to sound, it just sounds the once. If the Driver failed to acknowledge it, the brakes are applied.So far as I'm aware, the systems were totally separate. Both worked only on the lines which were equipped with the individual system, ATC or AWS.

This might be of interest - http://mysite.du.edu/~etuttle/rail/atcgwr.htm

Separate systems completely independent. ATC was in use on some ex-GWR lines into the 1970's.

Loco's could be dual fitted with both ATC & AWS equipment.
    Yma O Hyd