Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Railcar Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by Lapioware View Post
    Version 1.2 should be ready for testing next week! The testing usually takes two weeks or weekends, so the update would be released on the second full week of February. It's taken quite a bit longer to prepare this update than I thought, but it also includes stuff that was originally planned for later versions, like the Class 117.

Here's a pair of screenshots from the opposite ends of the new main line.

Looking excellent Oskari .

Brilliant Oskari and 117's, my babies.

Thanks very much for the screenies and update info.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Thank you from me too.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Thumbs up from me too!
    Vern.

Wow - the new route is looking fantastic - this is going to be an awesome update!

Hi,

Thanks for the latest version and upcoming goodies.

Mike.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by mldaureol View Post
    Thanks for the latest version and upcoming goodies.
    Thanks Mike! I didn't make the announcement here yet in case there might be bugs despite the extensive testing - and there was one! (More info) I've uploaded a new version to fix it.

Here are the main new features:

• A new fictitious route with 2x-3x more trackwork than in the old one.
    • Route maps in the timetable screen to better understand where the services run.
    • New train: Class 117 to go with the theme of the new route.
    • Plenty of new authentic sounds from Robert Tarling's recordings. Many of these were processed for use in the sim by Peter Dian. The overall sound mixing has also been greatly improved with advice from aforementioned Peter and Dane Forth.
    • Improved sky, lighting and terrain texturing.
    • Many bugfixes and optimisations.

More information about how to update your copy here.

The main focus of the next update will be the route editor (or the first version of it). Before that, the sim will also be released on Steam in a few weeks, and I'll also make a drivable free demo available for download in a few days.

8. Default

One thing to note about the installation: If you download the zip, please extract the contents to a folder on your desktop or somewhere else in your own files. Don't extract it to c:\program files\ or the new route won't work!

You have made great progress Oskari, new route is really excellent (Haverford West) hahahahahaha.

New graphics are lovely, with the new lighting etc.

Two small things, Class 117 in green livery were all supplied as non gangwayed. Majority of the conversions taking place after the introduction of the BR Blue livery.

Secondly i had conflicting keyboard assignments for some of the camera views when i opened the relevant window (show as highlighted red) Changed those without any problem, but i also re-mapped key "M" to open the route map. But i cannot get the map on screen, any ideas please ?

Can i ask will you continue to sell the sim outside of Steam, in the future.

I have TS2018 and TSW on Steam and some flight sims.

But i really like to avoid it as much as possible.

Many thanks to all involved in producing the update, really great.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You have made great progress Oskari, new route is really excellent (Haverford West) hahahahahaha.

New graphics are lovely, with the new lighting etc.

Two small things, Class 117 in green livery were all supplied as non gangwayed. Majority of the conversions taking place after the introduction of the BR Blue livery.

Secondly i had conflicting keyboard assignments for some of the camera views when i opened the relevant window (show as highlighted red) Changed those without any problem, but i also re-mapped key "M" to open the route map. But i cannot get the map on screen, any ideas please ?

Can i ask will you continue to sell the sim outside of Steam, in the future.
    Thanks Mike, the station name was inspired by your username, my first paying customer

I thought the gangways and the green livery on the 117 looked more interesting but it seems they don't mix then. That's not the only blunder though! The map key wasn't even supposed to be there because it'll be functional from v1.3 onward! So basically it does nothing...

Yes, I'm going to continue updating the sim on itch even after it's released on Steam!