Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Diesel Railcar Simulator

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    .... wonder if it's worth Oskari dropping a PM to Nels and asking him to put an announcement on the TS.com front page?
    I already did so but it wouldn't hurt to have the dev also pop a note to Nels.

Yes....good old Zusi 2 was the sim I was thinking of, and also that South African one.
    Nice to see realism once again being at the forefront rather than moving trees.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Graphics are very much like the South African sim, Vern, Bruce.

What ever happened to that one, it had so much promise.

If or when this has a good set of editors, it will be my go to trainsim.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by advut View Post
    Hi, I now have experienced it a bit. Game seems intelligent enough to adjust itself to user errors. On the quick start I passed the stop signal, the game recognized that and guided me to go back. Better than MSTS which would've ended the activity. I liked that DRS notifies about crossing trains number, this can be handy later when activity editor is released. It's also nice that it has warmer sunlight color. Performance, UI, graphics are ok to me.
    Thanks for the feedback! The run only ends if you complete it successfully or crash onto another train or end-of-track buffer too fast. If you're feeling mischievous you can pass stop signals on purpose and start wandering around the route while trying to avoid other traffic.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Tarling View Post
    I'm pleased to let people know that I'm the chap who has sent several audio files over to Oskari, with the hope of improving the sounds in this already-excellent new simulator .
    DMUs have for a long time been the poor relation in the various Simulators released thus far. This looks like it'll put the others to shame .
    Thanks again for the sounds and encouragement Bob!

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    One thing i would like to see in the next version, is the un-tethering of the mouse to the camera, except if the right mouse button is held down.
    Ok! I'll fix this in the first free update. Is this how the camera works in the other sims (TS & co)?

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    I already did so but it wouldn't hurt to have the dev also pop a note to Nels.

Yes....good old Zusi 2 was the sim I was thinking of, and also that South African one.
    Nice to see realism once again being at the forefront rather than moving trees.
    Thanks for the support and advice!

The sim is heavily influenced by Mechanik, Jens Schubert's RailSim, Zusi 2 and BVE. I also liked the South African sim back in the day (SLSim it was called?)

I'd like to point out that in addition to realism, my sim also has pretty nice moving trees

Hi buddy, yeah holding the right mouse button down to look around is the TS way.

As it is in most games.

Oh noooooooooo now you have done it. Don't mention moving trees to seagoon.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt

I like the ambient sounds, too .

Mechanik - I used to love that, driving the Derby set...

Someone else had spoke earlier about having 'real-world' routes at some stage in the future. What are your thoughts on that? .

Very Best Wishes,
    Bob.

I would say a real world editor is a very important step forward. Oskari has already indicated he is thinking how that could be achieved. From my experience with the editors in the three big sims, it needs to be done in a user friendly way incorporating the best and avoiding the worst features. As a starting point DEM (digital terrain) import and some sort of mapping overlay (probably OSM) is fairly essential. Again, from the other sims I've always found routes which at least identify with a real world location far more enjoyable than fictional routes. The latter can be fun but often fail to hold the attention.
    Vern.

Re: announcements

Years ago, when a publisher came out with a new product they would send out a press release to news sites like TrainSim.Com and that's where we would get our front page news from. Seems like no one does that any more...

So guys please, if you spot news on any train simulator related topic feel free to drop me an email and let me know about it. I'm happy to publish this stuff on our home page.

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Nels_Anderson View Post
    Re: announcements......

... if you spot news on any train simulator related topic feel free to drop me an email and let me know about it. I'm happy to publish this stuff on our home page.

[email protected]
    Thanks, Nels.
    Only too happy to help out.
    Last edited by seagoon; 07-28-2017 at 02:55 AM. Reason: A shameful spelling error!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Graphics are very much like the South African sim, Vern, Bruce........
    It was called "SpoorSim", if my memory serves me correctly.
    It just disappeared, Mike. A real shame as it showed so much potential in that demo he made.