Thread: How to flip a switch

Default How to flip a switch

In TSRE5, what procedure(s) will duplicate the function(in MSTS RE) of pressing the T key in order to re-orient the position of a turnout? Thanks.............Doug

Hi Doug,
    The 'X' key takes the place of the 'T' key.
    All, or at least most of the key functions are covered in the manual, a MUST READ for anyone before attempting use.
    I'd suggest printing out the entire TRSE Manual for easy reference especially needed while learning the new editor.
    I put mine in plastic sleeves (Office Max Stores) in a 3 ring binder. Any way you do it you do need a handy reference
    Get the manual here >>>===> http://koniec.org/tsre5/recontrols.html

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 08-13-2017 at 02:04 AM. Reason: spelling
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Red face

Thank you Vince, and, yes, I am , especially since I had just referred to my printed copy of this page a few days earlier. A little more diligence in my research would be the ticket....yeah, that's it...more diligence!

Glad you found it Doug.
    It's going to take practice as many of the familiar MSRE key commands have been changed in TSRE and will take getting used to.

I'd suggest you practice by modding one of the MSTS default routes or even build a new route using TSRE. This takes all of 20 minutes to lay down a two or three tile tabletop route. Here you can experiment to your hearts desire, building mountains and such.

Then I finished ( very carefully! ) out installing speed limits on my Long Island RR route as the last thing I did before I released the route last November. No problems with speed limits.
    But . . .I still needed more practice track laying and terrain forming so I decided to continue my 'training' by a complete re-tracking of the PRR Eastern Route Philadelphia area from official blueprints and track charts. ( ~ 6 tiles )
    Turns out that this is a good decision and is getting me the experience to work out the quirks (many) in the new editor before continuing on the LIRR build.

Here's a short LIRR video. >>>===> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJzw0MwL1k

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 08-13-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"