Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Death Valley Railroad

DVRR's Brill motorcar looked very different than the Galloping Geese. I haven't found any narrow gauge models in MSTS similar to it, but admittedly I haven't searched very hard. Incidentally, DVRR's motorcar has been preserved and is currently in operating condition at the Laws Railroad Museum.

Also, DVRR hoppers are now available at Elvas Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by CivilEng View Post
    DVRR's Brill motorcar looked very different than the Galloping Geese. I haven't found any narrow gauge models in MSTS similar to it, but admittedly I haven't searched very hard. Incidentally, DVRR's motorcar has been preserved and is currently in operating condition at the Laws Railroad Museum.

Also, DVRR hoppers are now available at Elvas Tower.
    Oh, thanks so much for the info. I'll download those hoppers. I'm using the BZZ_USNG_Whitcomb_CasperD engine from Elvas Towers. The Cargill 44 Ton (car44T10.zip) looks pretty good, too. I hope in a week or two I'll be able to start learning how to repaint stock. Exploring the route is a little difficult since the 3-rail tracks (which the NG stock can run on, don't show any warning that they are ending, so every time I've tried I end up running off the end and derailing. I finally printed out the map that's in the folder, so maybe that will help.

I run it in Explore Route mode and use the Sumpter Valley equipment...works for me but would like to see some activities added.
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

Speaking of Death Valley...would any of you Senior Activity developers/builders consider taking a true neophyte under your tutelage to assist with developing some activities and repainting some Narrow Gauge equipment? I have a strong interest in the ET&WNC/Linville River Railroad but my repainting efforts have come to nil so far...even the attempt to paint over the logo of a steam locomotive tender was an abysmal failure...
    Any takers?
    E.T.& W.N.C./Linville River Railroad "The Doe River Route"
    Bill Stevens - - Knoxville, TN

This is a very interesting route badly in need of some activities.

Quote Originally Posted by dforrestc View Post
    This is a very interesting route badly in need of some activities.
    The same comment as three years or so ago, "are there any activities"?

No activities were included with the route. Since the earlier posts, T&T locomotives, passenger cars, and water cars have been released here. Except for the locomotives and passenger cars, most rolling stock on T&T trains came from other railroads. Almost any period freight car would be appropriate to run on the T&T, though boxcars were the most common. DVRR's caboose has also been released on Elvas Tower.