Page 173 of 177 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 1,721 to 1,730 of 1765

Thread: Various screenshots with no particular theme... Part 3

Neil is definitely the man when it comes to route modification!

So, Neil, have you ever thought about modifying the Marias Pass?
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by =FI=Ghost View Post
    Neil is definitely the man when it comes to route modification!

So, Neil, have you ever thought about modifying the Marias Pass?
    The default one? The trackwork is so bad (for one, the steepest grade is 1.8%, not the 5 or so Kuju made) it would be better off being rebuilt from scratch

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    They have a tea kettle installed on the locomotive?

Randy
    That was, and may still be, a requirement for locomotives delivered to Canadian railroads. Tea time, you know.

You all are waaay too kind. I do the easy stuff. The route builders get all the kudos in my book. If I could do what they do, I'd be in a fantasy world and never come back!
    Rick threw a nice upgrade at Scenic awhile back, and I tried it our for him. I picked a stretch that I envisioned a rather northern Illinois/Wisconsin'ish look to it, and attacked it that way for some fictional cross-state traffic. About 35 minutes of mainline running, and some areas to switch, and a yard.
    I have CN and Wisconsin Southern AI running around along the way.

I have a hard time modding routes that I am not interested in. I am basically pretty boring compared to most here. I like railroading that I can closely identify with - modern, and either midwest rural shortline or regional, or heavy urban/city Chicago'ish kind of stuff. Pretty much everything I mod falls into this category. I much prefer pimping out shorter routes, or sections of larger ones, or I wander away because of the overwhelming size. One exception is ConIndy, where I got a pretty good overhauled version from ted Kocyla way back, and went end-to-end with the mods.
    I look at Chuck and what he's been doing for a couple of years on Buffalo, and marvel at his commitment. It looks great and he shows it off well. I did sections of Buffalo and wanted to do more, but there is so much track, so much of the oooooold objects, and it's not very stable in the MSTS RE, at least for me. (a winter project for me is to learn how to use TSRE)

I was inspired by folks better than I at this modding stuff, years ago. Snootnose, Rick Berg, Ted Kocyla, Rod (real talented, and I can't remember his last name now), Paul Precht, Mr. Badlands (name???), and others.

Best wishes to all!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Neil is way too modest. He does great work. Here's some of my list of routes that could use a bit of the "Neil" touch: SLI BNSF Seligman 2.0. Most of this is a well-done route, but the towns and cities (Flagstaff, in particular) just don't cut it. A little massaging of that route could make it outstanding. SLI Ruel. Same issue as Seligman. Most of the route is excellent, but the town areas, again, are somewhat lacking--especially details like street lights, etc. SLI Green River. This one is in the "needs help" category. City detailing needs work. Lots of missing switchstands and other track details. MLT Soldier Summit. This one is a great route that just needs some updated textures in some of the town areas. Cascade Crossing. This one needs essentially a total makeover and update with modern shapes and textures. Rogers Pass and Shuswap. Same as Cascade. All, especially the older routes, could have a whole new life with just some more details and makeover. To be clear, I'm not calling out the route creators here. Most of the deficiencies in many of these routes were caused because they were built under the hardware and software limitations of "old MSTS."

One other note about that, I've seen several "mods" of routes (and some "original" routes) that will absolutely kill OR frame rates in places. Digging into that a bit, I'm theorizing that there are a few poorly designed models that are often the culprit. The problem is isolating them and then removing or replacing them.

Quote Originally Posted by ak3221 View Post

is that a reskin of the default Dash 9 I see along with a TrainArtisan AC6000CW?

Not sure. UP 5727 is SLI pretty sure the trail units are same. The 4 in the back ground BNSF SLI static and the trail NS is a DW unit made static. The CSX and other NS engine i found on a older route so not sure