Page 103 of 103 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103
Results 1,021 to 1,026 of 1026

Thread: Various screenshots with no particular theme... Part 3

1. Default

Neil, have you ever thought maybe the SLI units are wrong. I do my models to scale as per the dimensions set by the manufacturer in feet.

The variation in sizes is always going to be there, an ARI 6600 cuft hopper will be 65' over strikers and 15' 6" tall and an ARI 6300 cuft hopper is 55' 8" over strikers and 15' 5" tall.
    Toronto Mainline Trains
    www.torontomainlinetrains.ca
    www.mapleleaftracks.com A Division Of Toronto Mainline Trains
    Subscribe Youtube
    Like Us On Facebook
    Follow Us On Twitter

I appreciate your response, and I get those variation differences. I didn't want to use the words "right" and "wrong", because that isn't my point. I'm not calling out either of the two teams. My point is the consistent and obvious size differences between the two companies.
    It can't just be me, so those running more modern trains without doubt have more SLI equipment available, thanks to the bazillion reskins & model edits that help increase the number/variance possibilities. So, right or wrong as it is, the engines leading these trains are more likely to be SLI. For my eyes, I can't reconcile the glaring difference in the size of a TT freight car behind an SLI engine - or even any of the SLI rolling stock.
    Variations in size among all of your offerings or within SLI's is visually acceptable, while coupling two different scales altogether is unrealistic.
    That's why I hoped there were some keen folks who "tweak" this issue to a more attractive marriage of the two worlds.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by PNW1998 View Post
    That is beautiful!
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoMainlineTrains View Post
    Neil, have you ever thought maybe the SLI units are wrong. I do my models to scale as per the dimensions set by the manufacturer in feet.

The variation in sizes is always going to be there, an ARI 6600 cuft hopper will be 65' over strikers and 15' 6" tall and an ARI 6300 cuft hopper is 55' 8" over strikers and 15' 5" tall.

Unless all parties who build stock are using exactly the same software and set the scale in the same way, there are bound to be differences in size. There are measuring tools in the library here that can be used to verify accuracy using Shape Viewer.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.