Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UP Green River activity

Default UP Green River activity

Finally got around to putting this activity over to video and slapping it up on redtoob.

This was released to a small group of simmers about a year ago as a bonus for being very loyal to payware vendors. It was more of a reward for those who were known to be buyers of just about every (> 95%) payware releases.

Just another demonstration of what Open Rails can do, this time changing out your steed only 1/4 of the way through an activity, and still having the activity go on to successful completion. It also showcases the camera potential to busy oneself by tracking AI trains during what ordinarily would have been an hour and half long wait in a remote siding.

1920x1280 1080p HD

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Geepster775,
    Thanks for sharing the video's , any chance you might upload this activity to the library, I have your activity that you did for the MacTier and have enjoyed it .
    Thanks Again
    Tim

Ya know, I read this thread and I think I feel more than a little insulted here. This was given to a selected group for being loyal payware customers. Just how did you arrive at determining this select few? I don't ever remember getting any kind of poll or anything.

With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 items, I've bought every single offering that Scott at DieselsWest has ever offered. Plus, I have 67 different orders from SLI/TS dating back to when they first started producing product, 62 from Tiger Trains, 17 from 3D Trains and 3DTS combined, 14 from BLW, 10 from Maple Leaf Tracks, and 17 from outfits you might not even recognize - Rich Garber and Train Artesian. Plus orders from a few others like Dekocoft, 3DPM, How in the World, Skyline Computing, Spittler Engineering and Abacus - not to mention First Class Membership to this site here.

To say that I don't actively support payware vendors is insulting. I'll stack up my dollar amount with just about anybody here and let's see who really supports payware.

I apologize if I've offended anyone with this reply but when I read that statement about giving this to a small few "loyal" payware supporters, I got a little hot under the collar. Make sure of your facts before you go making statements like that.
    Larry Steiner
    Grand Rapids, Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post
    Ya know, I read this thread and I think I feel more than a little insulted here. This was given to a selected group for being loyal payware customers. Just how did you arrive at determining this select few? I don't ever remember getting any kind of poll or anything.

With the exception of maybe 1 or 2 items, I've bought every single offering that Scott at DieselsWest has ever offered. Plus, I have 67 different orders from SLI/TS dating back to when they first started producing product, 62 from Tiger Trains, 17 from 3D Trains and 3DTS combined, 14 from BLW, 10 from Maple Leaf Tracks, and 17 from outfits you might not even recognize - Rich Garber and Train Artesian. Plus orders from a few others like Dekocoft, 3DPM, How in the World, Skyline Computing, Spittler Engineering and Abacus - not to mention First Class Membership to this site here.

To say that I don't actively support payware vendors is insulting. I'll stack up my dollar amount with just about anybody here and let's see who really supports payware.

I apologize if I've offended anyone with this reply but when I read that statement about giving this to a small few "loyal" payware supporters, I got a little hot under the collar. Make sure of your facts before you go making statements like that.
    not to mention the payware could have at least been balanced by freeware to make freeware supporters feel welcome

Quote Originally Posted by geekman View Post

And this is why the community is so divided. I see things like this and just shake my head you can't heal wounds if you dig at them and keep them open. The community is small enough it just does not need this favoritism thrown around. I am sorry but I half to agree with Larry on this. This broad painting of people as unworthy is wrong on so many levels.

Part 4 (BNSF crew perspective)

This activity was designed and populated with static consists and AI so that the player can operate any one of three trains, the original UP freight (5 hours) or the Amtrak train (2 hours) eastbound, or the BNSF freight (4 hours) westbound. You make your selection via the Train List and the original player turns into an AI and runs on autopilot.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Finally got around to putting this activity over to video and slapping it up on redtoob.

This was released to a small group of simmers about a year ago as a bonus for being very loyal to payware vendors. It was more of a reward for those who were known to be buyers of just about every (> 95%) payware releases.

Just another demonstration of what Open Rails can do, this time changing out your steed only 1/4 of the way through an activity, and still having the activity go on to successful completion. It also showcases the camera potential to busy oneself by tracking AI trains during what ordinarily would have been an hour and half long wait in a remote siding.

1920x1280 1080p HD

Part 1

Are we talking loyalty to a particular vendor, or just the overarching concept of being a reliable payware supporter without regard to particular vendors?

Anyway, I agree with Michelle and Larry. The preferential good old boys behavior is a bunch of crap. Not everyone posts screenshots on here, so you'd have really no way of knowing who has what. To say that there's only a "handful" of loyal payware supporters is obnoxious.

How does one know I haven't supported my fair share of payware offerings these past lets say 10 years? You don't because I haven't posted screenshots in here in a very long time. But I have spent more money than I care to count in support of payware vendors; DW and BLW/ZT in particular.

So this idea that there's only a handful of "loyal payware supporters" is nonsense. When it comes down to it, who are you to determine that and exactly how do you determine that?

It was most appreciated when you gents shared your "inside voice" outrage over similar circumstances back when a video of this activity was released in July.

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...with-shortline

If I'm not mistaken, this activity was released under the same general obnoxious conditions, except that I wasn't the one who pulled the trigger on the release, so luckily I was spared various "who am I to decide.....?" rants at that time.