Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1765

Thread: Various screenshots with no particular theme... Part 3

Quote Originally Posted by NW 2156 View Post
    Mark, Are those Stillwell coaches available anyplace?

Robert
    Robert,

They were made by Rick Franzosa for what was to be some kind of Tristate Rails project from BLW/ZT I believe. I saw them & asked Walter Conklin about them & was lucky to receive them with permission. I don't know the status of that project with everything they got going on there.

When I was making this activity, I thought I was in the Tristate route because I wanted to have the LHR Consolidation leave Maybrook, NY, Drop the cars at Greycourt, NY then take the rest of the consist into Easton, PA in the driving snowstorm. Then make another activity with taking the Erie freight into Croxton Yard. But when I looked and had it 95% done, I seen I was in the LHR 1940's route which is awesome also. I will revisit this one day when I have time to redo it in the Tristate Route because it is perfect for it. The track layout that Doug Relyea did is mindboggling & prototypical. Going up along the Erie's Bergen County Line, I can vouch for that.
    - Mark -

Another snowy night in North Jersey so another LHR steam run to keep warm & practice my steam skills. This time on the Tristate Project route. Going to be bypassing the LHR Hudson Yard & going into Easton, PA.

Leaving Maybrook, NY on a snowy day for Easton, PA.

Crossing the Erie RR main at Greycourt, NY

Passing the Warwick, NY station.

Standing in front of the L&HR headquarters in Warwick, NY watching #93 do her thing.

Enjoy......
    - Mark -

Quote Originally Posted by MMSS View Post
    Another snowy night in North Jersey so another LHR steam run to keep warm & practice my steam skills. This time on the Tristate Project route. Going to be bypassing the LHR Hudson Yard & going into Easton, PA.

Enjoy......
    Hi Mark,

Nice to see her getting a run - some postcard material right here - right on queue with the snow as well... Steam in the snow is just over the top... Greycourt Station is one of my favorite structures on any route - wish we would see more from whomever made it - top notch - all the way...

I've got an update on the Connie in the works - some stuff I wanted to fix...

If you ever get the urge to work the LHR trackage on either route - let me know - I could help out with models... Doug's track work is a bit better than Rich's - but Rich's route is signaled so you can use it for activities... I find myself running both - if only we could combine aspects from each... I've DEM'd and markered an extension to Rich's route down to Hudson Yard but track laying isn't my forte...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    If you ever get the urge to work the LHR trackage on either route - let me know - I could help out with models... Doug's track work is a bit better than Rich's - but Rich's route is signaled so you can use it for activities... I find myself running both - if only we could combine aspects from each... I've DEM'd and markered an extension to Rich's route down to Hudson Yard but track laying isn't my forte...
    I agree Scott. Like we talked about in the past, Hudson Yard is the one crucial element the is missing from both the 1940's & the 1968 version of the LHR routes. After all it was the main begin & end at the south point of road.

But it might be a nice little side project with everything else I am up to. Really isn't that long a run from Martins Creek to P'burg. My track laying skill are improving everyday with TSRE5. A hell of a lot better than any of my attempts with MSRE.

My one project route that I am doing myself from beginning to end is a short but fun one & a prototype route. I took Vince's advise in starting with a small route first. It is the Raritan River RR, a short 12 mile route that ran from the Bayshore at South Amboy to New Brunswick. The track is almost done & the only signaling would be for the NY&LB.

But maybe as I work on the Blue Comet Lines Route extension past Winslow Jct.. And only if Rich is OK with it. I just might attempt it.
    - Mark -

5. Default

I can't believe I didn't try out this route any sooner (LaSelle, Rockford & Central).

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSolitaryGuy View Post
    Did you have the sim set to "winter"? Usually desert-based routes will have a set of winter textures that are identical to summer textures, versions of said textures with a white overlay, or none at all, as it's a given that the route's terrain will look the same throughout the entire year.
    Yes it was set to winter/rain...Hence the non-textured textures!!

Regards,

-Frank C.
    Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)

UP 5853 headed eastbound passing through Hood River Oregon with empty coal cars

Quote Originally Posted by ThatSolitaryGuy View Post
    I can't believe I didn't try out this route any sooner (LaSelle, Rockford & Central).

]
    This is a great route.
    Very good.
    Chimbica Dash8

Whenever you need a liitle inspiration when trying to create a route or if you want to mod one. Nothing like running one of Paul Charland's routes in the library here to give you ideas for it. The details to all his routes are to the tee ! He even makes the motive power & rolling stock for it. Here is the recently updated & uploaded to the library here FJ&G V2 which I just love. Having seen it in operations in this era (mid 1970's to abandonment in 1984). he nailed it. So if you like real super prototypical routes with lots of switching, this is a MUST HAVE route for you !

Route: Paul Charland's Fonda, Johnstown & Gloversville V2.0 (Available in the download library here)
    Stock: BLW/ZT, BLW, DW, T-S Download Library

Enjoy......
    - Mark -

Just a quick 10 set of this nearly 4.5 mile long "Intermodal PSR" train. This train had a mix of Wine/Salad shooter cars mixed in with traffic for the Port of Stockton, Oakland and Bodega Bay Intermodal Facility. This train tops off at 25,136 feet (4.76 miles) and 24,329 Tons. The 13x6x7 lashup was quite impressive for the Union Pacific. 12,000 Tons and 2.21 miles of this train will later end up on the NWP Railroad after a transfer to the LRJ-96 (Suisun Turn) at Roseville, CA. All shots between MP 319 and 310 of the UP Canyon Sub. Most of them taken high above MP316 except for the last as the UP6480 comes to a stop at MP310 (Blairsden) for two Eastbounds...Due to this monster, LOTS of trains have to double up in the sidings to keep it moving as much as possible.

Regards,

-Frank C.

Frank C.
    FranksRails Photography, LLC. -Owner/Webmaster
    fchrist16 (On most Forums)