Page 120 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 1339

Thread: Various screenshots with no particular theme... Part 3

Probably. A lot of centerbeams are in alberta, BC for the forestry. Northwestern Ontario too.
    Rory

Been a while since this road's showed up here.

Founder/owner of the California Pacific Railway, NorCal Rail Shops

Big thanks to all of the content creators out there, both payware and freeware, for keeping this hobby alive!

Beautiful, Brody!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Nice shots Paul. Piedmont Northern was a route close by to my former home in Shelby NC (Charlotte area). Still have relatives there, plan (?) to retire there. The old PN has since been all taken up, so it's nice to see the shots, Hopefully, this will be a route you will share with the community once completed.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Steve,

The Piedmont Northern I have presented here is a completely fictitious line opposed to the actual Piedmont and Northern in North Carolina. The shots were taken on a modified version of an updated FJ&G that Paul Charland is working on that he has been so kind to allow me to beta test. When Paul has finished the route I am sure it will be released to everyone. It is set in the 1980's.
    Paul

Thanks Paul! It got me to do a little research on the original P&N. What I found was there were actually two separate lines, one in SC, the other in NC. The lines in SC are pretty much gone while a few miles of the one in NC are left. The NC line has Progressive Rail using much of it, while CSX uses the remainder to bypass some of the Charlotte Sub.

Steve,

If my memory serves me right, on the Piedmont & Northern, one of the two lines started life as an interurban line and eventually ended up being owned by Duke Power. Up in Maryland, where I am from, out in Frederick there was the Hagerstown & Frederick, another interurban line. They were generating more power than they needed for the line and started selling it to the towns they served. Eventually the power company went from being the subsidiary to being the main company Potomac Edison.
    Paul

The Piedmont & Northern had a small yard just south of Spartanburg, SC. They used to interchange with the Clinchfield, ACL, and Southern Railroad there in Spartanburg, SC. There are still a few areas around where you can tell where the P&N was located at. They also used the now Terrell Sub to serve Riverbend (gone) and Lake Norman Power Plants. Both were owned by Duke Power.

CSX FAN

True on both counts on the P&N, read about all this on the historical site I found yesterday. It was complete with photos and other data on the P&N.

Paul, noticed you live in the Frederick, MD area. I'm also in Maryland, just south of Washington near Clinton. Hope you're not making that trek down 270 to DC every day.

Steve,

I use to live in Carroll County on the MM, (former WM) untill 30 years ago when I moved to Florida.
    Paul