Thread: Scfe gp11 #9025

Default Scfe gp11 #9025

For use on my upcoming southern Florida route (eventually) I have quickly grabbed up and repainted the ICG GP11 into SCFE/USSC colors. These little locomotives used to be the mainstay power on the South Central Florida Express but are now being phased out in favor of second-hand GP38's and GP40's. The SCFE has never had brand new power and these locomotives have seen some serious mileage over the years and are all ex-ICG. The only issues I'm having with this model is the headlights and mars light between the numberboards, and the lack of ditch lights. Other than that, I'm pretty pleased with how this repaint turned out.

Last edited by scfe_fan; 09-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there's footsteps on the moon..

--Josh--

I'm unable to see your screenshot. Says please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jon Clark - Butler, Pa

Should be fixed now

--Josh--

Quote Originally Posted by scfe_fan View Post
    Should be fixed now

Unhappily, Photobucket recently changed their biz model - to the point where it is no longer possible to 'link' from a web site such as TrainSim forums to an image physically stored on the PB server - unless you want to sign up for their new (IIRC) $399.00 per year service that allows such linking. Along with many others, I suspect that you will need to find a new photo hosting service.

Looks nice! What trouble are you having with the lights? The 3 light Ocitrol warning light can be removed via alpha channel on the "b" texture.

The next round of GP11s will have ditch lights built-in. Once I upload them, you can copy the corresponding shape from that pack to replace the shape of your repaint.

Tyler

Two of the ex SCFE chop nose GP7's (not rebuilt) wound up on the Cape Cod Central Railroad and I came to know them well. One of them anyway - the other never seemed to be running. When they (finally) arrived they had a funny high chop nose which Cape Cod Central cut down to a more normal size. I think they were ex BayLine and Bay line had done the chop nose.
    Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by tbundy1982 View Post
    Looks nice! What trouble are you having with the lights? The 3 light Ocitrol warning light can be removed via alpha channel on the "b" texture.

The next round of GP11s will have ditch lights built-in. Once I upload them, you can copy the corresponding shape from that pack to replace the shape of your repaint.

Tyler
    Thanks for that.. I didn't know that shape could be alpha'd out.. I will make sure to try it.

--Josh--