Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: RouteRiter and Openrails with a MSTS copy

Default RouteRiter and Openrails with a MSTS copy

Hi

I do not have the MSTS install disks with me and I had to format my and reinstall
    my OS.

I do have a copy of my full MSTS install but If I simply copy it over
    to my C drive will RouteRiter and Openrails work?

Any comment or advice appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel
    Daniel - Sydney (wishing I was in Townsville)

Yes, it will work.

Routeriter can make a registry entry (which is not needed to run, but some utilities need it)

Thanks Chris

I installed RR but couldn't get it to work, I'm sure it has nothing to do with MSTS, it was a route riter runtime error 380
    which I believe is a Java error and RR does not respond to any mouse clicks, I do have Java and the classes folder installed in 32 and 64 versions and the other version (7.8) is working but also says there is no Java installed.

Open Rails is working well.

Cheers

Daniel

Hi Daniel,
    With respect, if Route_Riter says that Java is not installed, it's a pretty good bet that it is not, or not correctly, installed!

This is from Mike's FAQs :
    'This has been connected to problems with the Java installation. Users have found that downloading the latest version from Java Manual Downloads for All Operating Sytems. Make sure you download the 'Manual Download' version because Windows XP SP2 has been found to block installation of the automatic version.
    What have you put in the 'classes' folder? It should be all the contents of Route_Riter's TSUtil folder.

Cheers,
    Ged

Hi Ged

it is not Mikes program that tells me that Java is not installed it is RRv7.8 which is from
    the other source, Mike's RR just sits there and does nothing I cannot even close it with the
    exit button, only clicking on the X closes it down.

Two re-installs did not work either.

Here are the install paths for Java
    C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_144\Classes
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_144\classes

As you advise the content of the TSUtil folder has been copied into both.

I think it may be my Antimalware program getting in the way, either way I am getting by and wil
    endeavour to reinstall it later.

Regards

Daniel

Try setting the system Java Environment Variable to point to this new Java location. This resolved a similar problem I had.

Haven't used RR since switching to Open Rails, but I know that I ran into these kinds of issues with UAC enabled. I left it disabled on the machines I used for MSTS.

Quote Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
    Haven't used RR since switching to Open Rails, but I know that I ran into these kinds of issues with UAC enabled. I left it disabled on the machines I used for MSTS.
    RouteRiters is one of the excellent tools to find any errors in routes, rolling stock, and other errors. Best to clear up as many warnings in the OR log as possible, because too many of them will slow the loading of OR - sometimes leading to a loading failure. Also getting any problems cleared up, especially concerning sounds, will make for a better simulation.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bring this up, but since we're on the route riter and open rails subject, I was wondering if anyone has had issues with route riter creating mini routes. Since I had to re-install my windows 10, I haven't been able to get it to do that. Also, the only version that does work is 7.2.6. The later versions do not work, which is kind of weird, since I was using version 7.8 before the OS re-install. I have tried everything I can think of to get it running again. The create mini route seems to be the only function that does not work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tim Lowrey

Hi Tim,
    You are correct - the Mini Route creation function in R_R doesn't work under Windows 10. If you got v7.8 to work with Win10, I think you're lucky! I couldn't even get into it to set the path!!

Back to the original subject, I'm working on a procedure which (hopefully) will enable you to create mini routes wherever you wish. I won't give any release date at this time because it is still being tested/refined and you know what will happen if I do give a definite date!!

Cheers,
    Ged