Thread: The moment all the Brits have all been waiting for, a Twitch previw of TSW GWR.

Default The moment all the Brits have all been waiting for, a Twitch previw of TSW GWR.

You might want to skip through the first 5 minutes of nothing......

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/174247846

Cheerz. ex-railwayman.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Skip the whole bloody thing, life is too short.

I posted about this earlier, but in the wrong forum.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Skip the whole bloody thing, life is too short. ....
    What a lot of rubbishy, slapping-ourselves-on-the-back, mindless pap.
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I watched about 10 mins of it to be honest Bruce.

Part of it was the bit, where the presenters are wetting themselves about the moving gangway connections.

But can the AI shunt, sort consists and wagons and then autonomously deliver them to their destinations as per Trainz.

I have a lot of problems with Trainz which i don't deny, graphics in TANE for one still too toy town.

But the one thing it does have is an intelligent AI and working signalling system.

That facilitates, realistic railway\railroad operations.

Something that TS20xx has never had and never will now.

Plus when looking at DTG's track record for actual realism, i very much doubt TSW will ever have.

Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I have a lot of problems with Trainz which i don't deny, graphics in TANE for one still too toy town.
    But the one thing it does have is an intelligent AI and working signalling system......
    I share your opinions, Mike.
    If only Trainz had, thru' its many versions, seen the Auran "Jet" game engine finally shelved then I would still be using it.
    But I just could not - and still can't - enjoy it with that 17-year old clunker under the bonnet.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Completely agree Bruce, i was always under the impression that TANE would use a new game engine.

But it does not look that way me to me. I have a fairly decent system, i7 4790K @ 4GHz, 32gb sys ram and a GTX 1070 @ 8gb vid card.

But TANE just looks like TS12 to me, Bruce.

Didn't watch the steam but think I get the general gist...

Sadly it seems many are falling for the hype and drooling over it, on other forums apart from a few lone voices who are not so easily swayed by moving brake pipes or vibrating corridor connection.

I will give it a try - probably a HST run on the Down and as much of a Class 166 as the two hour refund limit will allow. ut not that hopeful, TBH.
    Vern.

Hey Vern, you love that 2hr refund buddy, hahahahahahaha.

You have to have moving brake pipes and oscillating gangways Vern.

It is what makes it a real train simulator and not just a game.

Mike.

Only just discovered this. I watched the first couple of minutes then skimmed though the rest. Found it absolutely boring -- both the presentation and the simulation itself. I can't understand the appeal of streaking through the countryside, no matter how well it is graphically depicted.

When (if?) the tools to construct routes and if another Sniper (Jim Ward) emerges to master it and produce something like Port Ogden & Northern then I would find it interesting. But until then ... .