Thread: How to add Alerter sound to SLI GEVO.sms?

Default How to add Alerter sound to SLI GEVO.sms?

Hello,

I've got two sets of sounds for Evolution Series locomotives. The freeware sound ES44v4 by Matt Florack and the new GEVO sounds by SLI which came with the Scenic Sub 2.0 route.

I personally prefer the latter, but there's one thing that I miss a lot, and that is the sound of Alerter warning. Would anyone be so kind to tell me how can I add the sound of Alerter (the one already present with Matt Florack's sound set) to the SLI's GEVO sound file?
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

I would just copy the portion of the .sms file dealing with the alerter from one to the other. In the recieving file (the SLI one), make sure you put it in between streams, and that you add 1 to the number of streams at the head of the file. Oh, and make sure you copy the .wav file to the appropriate place, too. Unless you'd rather alias it to the MC sound set's copy

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    I would just copy the portion of the .sms file dealing with the alerter from one to the other. In the recieving file (the SLI one), make sure you put it in between streams, and that you add 1 to the number of streams at the head of the file. Oh, and make sure you copy the .wav file to the appropriate place, too. Unless you'd rather alias it to the MC sound set's copy
    That's just the thing - I have no idea which part deals with the Alerter. While I am proficient in Cab editing, I have no idea how sound files work
    Borislav

There's a decent chance that the part in xxx_cab.sms that deals with the alerter will actually have a comment that says so. Also, if you can listen to your sound clips in the sound folders (my .wav files default to playing in Windows Media Player if I double-click them), you can find the alerter sound and then search the file for said name. Just copy the stream that has it into the SLI file and make sure you update the stream count at the top of the file. That should be it

Good day , Borislav
    Here is an Audio Shack Sounds, FDL12_Cab.sms. At the bottom you will find,

Stream(
    Skip ( **** Vigilance alarm **** )
    Priority ( 6 )
    Triggers( 4
    Discrete_Trigger ( 56 SetStreamVolume ( 1.0 ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 56 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "GE_Deadman.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 57 SetStreamVolume ( 0.0 ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 57 ReleaseLoopRelease() )
    )
    )
    )
    )
    )

Heres a MidwestLocoWorks Gevo,

Stream(
    Skip ( **** Vigilance alarm **** )
    Priority ( 6 )
    Triggers( 4
    Discrete_Trigger ( 56 SetStreamVolume ( 1.0 ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 56 StartLoopRelease ( 1 File ( "Alerter.wav" -1 ) SelectionMethod ( SequentialSelection ) ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 57 SetStreamVolume ( 0.0 ) )
    Discrete_Trigger ( 57 ReleaseLoopRelease() )
    )
    )
    )
    )
    It will be either, alerter or Deadman on newer .sms files. This is what I have found on my files. As Travis said, run the .wav so you know for sure.
    Hope this helps,
    Mike

Thank you very much, guys! I will try to do that when I get back from work today.
    Borislav

I WORKED!!! Thank you very much, my friends!
    Borislav