Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay for an Activity Editor for OR/MSTS and support TSRE development?

Sorry, I'm unable to donate any money as of now.

However, count me in for any bugfixing or testing you may require.

OH HECK, YEAH !!! Where is that dotted line !! Goku's TSRE & Consist Editor took this sim out of the dark ages for me. His willingness to listen to the end user's and implement their changes in TSRE is the trust I need for this project. Just look at the forum threads between Vince and Goku shows what can happen when the developer & end user work together. Great banter creates great outcomes.

And I also agree with Chris & Vince. I would pay more than $30 on my end for an absolute activity editor. When it is time to contribute towards it, my funds are ready !
    - Mark -

I would avoid Kickstarter. They take far too much off the top, and are "all or nothing".

GoFundMe has somewhat lower fees, and will provide you with funds even if the campaign falls short of the goal.

I've had good very success with YouCaring -- they only charge the credit card fees of 3-4%. Try labeling it as tuition...

Cool

You stated that you weren't a big fan of PayPal, but you would only incur 1.4% in fees - much lower than just about anywhere else.

For your project, I would suggest lowering the donated amount to say $20 with an ultimate goal you have in mind. You could use those that participate as early beta testers, and once the goals and project are complete (or nearly so), only then release the package publicly). You can either then remove the donation button, leave it in place for others to express their thanks for your continued work in MSTS, or decide that the package as payware.

BTW, lowering the fees has the benefit of reaching your goal sooner, as it's an easier number to handle (only a couple of cheap lunches), as opposed to the slightly higher $30. Some who would gladly donate may find it tough to justify the higher amount in their budget.

If you do lower the donation, I'm willing to double-down and give my 2 beta seats to anyone who wishes to participate, but otherwise can't afford to do so (names kept private).
    3DTrains - Home of the Feather River and Sherman Hill routes for MSTS

Signature

I'm with Marc. Not happy to use anything OTHER than Paypal and IMO $20 is a better pitch. "Stack 'em high, Sell 'em cheap" is how to make the best return IMO.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

I would suggest lowering the donated amount to say $20 with an ultimate goal you have in mind.
    I don't want to set fixed donation amount. If someone wants to go with $30, it's ok. If someome wants $5 it's ok too.
    I can made some differences, for example for people that go with > $30 I can include them in supporters page in TSRE, or provide private help for AE. Any other ideas are welcome.

GoFundMe has somewhat lower fees, and will provide you with funds even if the campaign falls short of the goal.
    Indeed it looks interesting. It accepts PayPal too.

Eventually, maybe I can begin only with PayPal for people that accept only this payment method and trust me. And then I can start the founding campaign lowered by the PayPal donations amount * 110%.

You Bet, Count me in as well

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    I don't want to set fixed donation amount. If someone wants to go with $30, it's ok. If someome wants $5 it's ok too.
    I can made some differences, for example for people that go with > $30 I can include them in supporters page in TSRE, or provide private help for AE. Any other ideas are welcome.

Indeed it looks interesting. It accepts PayPal too.

Eventually, maybe I can begin only with PayPal for people that accept only this payment method and trust me. And then I can start the founding campaign lowered by the PayPal donations amount * 110%.
    All of the above comments look good to me. I started playing with TSRE as soon as it hit, and have NOT been sorry.
    I can hardly wait to hit the DONATE button! Where is it???

Paul

I can't find founding site that accept PayPal and is allowed for me, so I split the campaign in two parts:

1. Direct donation to PayPal.
    2. Indiegogo project with goal lowered by the PayPal donations amount * 110%. (Removed)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. This solution is good for people that don't want to use credit card and have enough trust in me to just send the donation direct to my PayPal account (send to friend):

My PayPal email: [email protected]
    My name (if required): Piotr Gadecki

Yo can donate any amount you want. If someone send at least $30, he will get the same bonuses as Indiegogo users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. People that want to pay using credit card can wait for the 2. part. (Removed)

AE development is progressing:

Last edited by GokuMK; 09-18-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Progress in the first post. I think the first part will be available for three days and then we go to the second part.