Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Installing Cab in Lead Car

Default Installing Cab in Lead Car

Hello, I am getting a headache over this, lol, I would like to install a Cab into the Single Level H-S GO train cab unit.

It does not come with a cab, so I guess that is why the install I did, did not work. The cab is there, just facing the wrong way and showing part of the interior. The interior part is a case of adjustment I guess.

I would at least like to have the cab pointing the correct direction. I have tried four different cabs, GO BiLevel, RDC, NJT control cab (in pic) and Silverliner cab. They all come out the same way, pointing backwards.

Any suggestions? How do you "Flip" a cabview? See pics below:
    100 Single Level Cab 1 (Small).jpg100 Single Level Cab 2 (Small).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    Hello, I am getting a headache over this, lol, I would like to install a Cab into the Single Level H-S GO train cab unit.

It does not come with a cab, so I guess that is why the install I did, did not work. The cab is there, just facing the wrong way and showing part of the interior. The interior part is a case of adjustment I guess.

I would at least like to have the cab pointing the correct direction. I have tried four different cabs, GO BiLevel, RDC, NJT control cab (in pic) and Silverliner cab. They all come out the same way, pointing backwards.

Any suggestions? How do you "Flip" a cabview? See pics below:
    100 Single Level Cab 1 (Small).jpg100 Single Level Cab 2 (Small).jpg
    Hello,

I also have been trying to do this. You need to open the CVF file and adjust the Position lines.

More likely to be the Direction than position.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Maybe this will help, sometimes, you do get twisted around with the direction/position numbers
    ..and I know from getting tangled up myself, that it takes an old hand (like baldwin) to keep straight the difference between "direction" and "position" - years of practice makes it second nature, I suppose.

>>>>> ( 1.17 3.5 5.15 )

1ST SET OF NUMBERS - 1.17: LEFT/RIGHT ORIENTATION + [2.17 for example]= LEFT/- [0.17 for example] = RIGHT ( X AXIS)

2ND SET OF NUMBERS - 3.5: UP&DOWN ORIENTATION + = UP / - = DOWN ( Y AXIS )

3RD SET OF NUMBERS - 5.15: BACK&FORWARD ORIENTATION + = BACK / - = FORWARD ( Z AXIS )
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

I know this isn't related to your original question, but:

Would you please PM me or upload your mods to the cab car once you have it finished? I was looking for the same thing only a few days ago. If you need help with the lights, I can work on that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    More likely to be the Direction than position.
    Yes, I was typing that off memory, not a real CVF file.

Was working on getting all the cabcars working with ENG files and everything. I used the NJT Comet III cabview from KLW, which worked out of the box (no adjusting required).

I have found the correct values for your original question, in case you wish to use a different one.

Front:
    Position ( 1.06 2.8 11.7 )
    Direction ( 10 0 0 )

Left:
    Position ( 1.06 2.8 11.65 )
    Direction ( 7 -55 0 )

Right:
    Position ( 1.06 2.8 11.7 )
    Direction ( 8.5 58 0 )

I also have the Lights definitions working if you want them. And for good car and cab sound you can get singlelevelcommmutersound.zip from the file library.

P.S. Does anyone know about Christer Tepper's reupload policy for his single levels? I haven't changed the shape or the textures, just added Lights and a cabview.

From the readme file included with the cars.

Distribution/modification/re-release: Permission may be granted only after submitting a written request to Christer Tepper ([email protected]).
    Jim

Thank you all for this valuable information!

It is much appreciated.

Don

You could use " rvcvfmak.zip " in library by Kev Roberts.
    Last edited by bwbrgb; 09-24-2017 at 10:59 PM.