Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I came, I saw, I heard. Annnnd I still bought it...

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Is that a new car, Vern?
    Yes "Big Blue" - Kia Sportage. Quite splendid. You can't tell from the thumbnail but I probably should buy a new driveway to go with it.

Here's a better picture.

kia3.jpg
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Yes "Big Blue" - Kia Sportage. Quite splendid. You can't tell from the thumbnail but I probably should buy a new driveway to go with it.
    Nice purchase, Vern.
    As it's a 4x4, you won't need a new driveway; the car will go just about anywhere.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Dunno why you guys bother, except to work yourselves up in a lather of indignation. I, too, tried to like this release, was impressed by the graphics, but got severely disappointed very quickly. I've come to the conclusion if I can't fiddle and change I loose interest very quickly.

I've just discovered this though:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/31...inz_A_New_Era/

80% off = $7.99

Then you can have some fun of the layouts I've shown in the Trainz section of these forums.

TSW is already streets ahead of anything Trainz can offer.

I will never install or use any of that rubbish again.

TANE was the last time that N3V rips me off.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    .....80% off = $7.99...
    That's about all it is worth these days.

What you have done with Trainz is admirable, Phil.
    Your creations have taken Trainz in a full circle, back to what Greg Lane envisaged in 1999/2000; a system which focused on model trains.
    That dream died very quickly and as a result, over the past 17 years, Trainz has outgrown its game-engine and its graphics.

If it is to continue then it needs a complete rebuild....from the ground up.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Dunno why you guys bother, except to work yourselves up in a lather of indignation. I, too, tried to like this release, was impressed by the graphics, but got severely disappointed very quickly. I've come to the conclusion if I can't fiddle and change I loose interest very quickly.
    I've just discovered this though:
    80% off = $7.99
    Then you can have some fun of the layouts I've shown in the Trainz section of these forums.
    Even though I gave Tony Hilliam and his pals the middle finger a couple of year's a go, after T:ANE was initially released, and didn't work on my nice new computer, you might convince some folks that this game does exist, and works, Phil, however, unfortunately there are too many of us ex-Trainzers on here who have had our fingers burnt, and are old enough to remember the shambles of Kickstart and everything that happened afterwards. I still have my disc in its nice little box, but, I will never give Hilliam the satisfaction to know it is installed on my hard drive and the memories of what was a great game once upon a time, makes me cry, especially, at the hundreds, possibly thousands pounds of DLC I purchased across the board, that is now lying dormant on various portable hard drives and USB sticks around my house. Once bitten twice shy Phil, I'm afraid, but, I admire your devotion, and always take great visual enjoyment out of your contributions for the community, your a true Trainz veteran and a role model for others.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 10-13-2017 at 10:04 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

I've still got a couple of routes in TANE I work on occasionally but only because the process in Surveyor is easier than the other sims (and I still can't make head nor tail of the "new" MSTS route editor). However N3V are an even bigger shambles than DTG at present - each week sees an announcement about a release candidate for the fix to put TANE SP2 right then a load more bugs are reported and back to the drawing board. They should have drawn a line under SP1 HF4, as it is it seems version changes in SP2 and beyond are breaking things which worked perfectly alright in that version, which shouldn't really happen during a particular title life cycle.

Re the Sportage - it's actually the 2WD version Bruce but those tyres are nice and grippy to cope with the driveway!
    Vern.

N3V are already preparing for the next version of Trainz Toy Railway.

So however many SP's they release, TANE is due for the garbage bin.

By the very fact that they only support the last version for a limited period.

Lots of interesting comments. Thanks.

I'm slowly coming to the conclusion that I might be the only person in the Universe who is actually enjoying this train simulation hobby. Is anyone else having FUN or am I totally alone?

Yeah i am having fun Phil, just not with anything to do with N3V.

I know you enjoy your model layouts and good luck to you buddy.

The screenies i have seen of them, look very good. But they are just not for me sorry.

As a retired railwayman, my interest is in prototypical routes and operations.

Mike.