Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: I came, I saw, I heard. Annnnd I still bought it...

Default I came, I saw, I heard. Annnnd I still bought it...

Fortunately I only spent $20 on it. Unfortunately, I can't get a refund.

I just have no clue what they are thinking. I'd say they made some changes with the latest patch. As far as I can tell, they divided the route into zones. In the yard, the cruise control is off. Out on the main line, it's in full effect. I'd say they got advice from a trusted source that their locomotives load too quickly. They turned that in to a 3-5 second fuse that you light when notching up. Nothing for 3-5 seconds, and then, BLAST OFF!

I was never a TS fan. They always lacked a fundamental understanding of U.S. railroading from what I could tell. Nothing has changed.

The only reason I'm posting this is because from the outside looking in, it indeed looks like a handful of haters bashing TSW round these parts.

Rest assured, it is that bad.

Mine now keeps freezing up before I even get to play. It had taken me months to get it working in the first place after numerous crashes. Now it won't even play.

regards Tom

DTG products are like a bad road accident. You know you shouldn't look but you still do anyway.
    Vern.

My youngest daughter gifted my Steam account with both CSX HH & GWE earlier today.

GWE is not as bad as i was expecting it to be, it deffo has potential.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

It just needs DTG to listen, Mike. And preferably push the route further west.

As I've noted a few weeks back the artwork is very good particularly the new Reading station, just the "railway" aspects that need tweaking!
    Vern.

They won't listen though Vern, that is the main problem with anything to do with DTG.

I just found out they have their own forum, so i had to join buddy.

I have completed the tutorials and finished the first scenario (into Paddington on the cushions, then out on the Class 43 to Reading)

Arrived 3 mins early then had to sit there until 20:02 for the scenario to self destruct.

As it was pouring with rain and the rain looks better than in TS20xx. My one big disappointment though graphically.

Was the lack of any "wetness" on the platforms exposed to the elements.

You will know better than me Vern, some of the signalling operation is a bit "strange" to say the least.

Single yellow, AWS alert, next signal clear (green)

Yes go west young man, although i cannot personally go much further. Unless i move to Eire. LOL

Swindon would have been a decent end point, to launch the UK content with.

Hopefully when the editors arrive, what we have will be open to extending westward.

Mike.

It's all far too light, you can't change the contrast at all, and folks walk about in t-shirts on the platforms when it's pelting down with rain, I don't think so, I haven't seen one umbrella yet!!! I think the cameras are atrocious. In TS2017, when you follow a train in close helicopter view if the loco/train goes under a road bridge the camera goes straight through it and doesn't move its position, but, in TSW it jumps up and zooms in and out very fast, it's very offputting indeed, and the camera stays at a peculiar angle and you have to manually re-adjust it, and then it happens again at the next bridge, you can't sit with your arms folded at your monitor and just watch the journey, you're constantly have to keep moving the camera with your mouse in the game to keep the picture steady, after about 3 minutes I gave up. And the sound effects are so childish, all these peeps and poops, it's absolute rubbish.....And they call this progress!!!!

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 10-07-2017 at 04:19 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

You are not a happy bunny then Steve ?

I very rarely use the external camera views in any train game buddy.

I like to be in the cab or riding the cushions.

Passenger mode was one of the features in TSW that appealed to me Steve.

I used to enjoy doing that in Trainz and OR.

Sounds leave a lot to be desired i agree buddy.

Loco's, rolling stock, track bed sounds all need to improve a heck of a lot.

Paddington needs much more atmosphere, announcements etc.

Mike.

Passenger mode is fine, Mike, if you like that sort of thing, once in a while it's OK, but, it gets a bit boring all the time, and of course, with me being more of a freight fan, the only view is from the driver's seat, or, outside, I enjoy both modes equally.

I find some of the textures are shocking in this game, every one of these containers is glitchy for a start, and when you have a 15/20 'liner set, it's dreadful to look at, I thought we'd moved on from Kuju 2007, obviously not!!!! I could go on, but, I'm wasting my time with this version, leave it to the kiddywinkies on their XBoxes, and I'll carry on with TS2017.

Cheerz. Steve.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 10-07-2017 at 06:25 AM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Yeah it is boring all the time Steve. But i also find driving modern routes boring.

I don't enjoy TS2017 that much, as it is so limited in what you can do with it.

The signalling logic is crap, the AI doesn't shunt, there is no real industry interaction and this is all after 10 years of so called development.

TSW is a long long way from being perfect, but it's at the start of it's development.

So just like Railsimulator back in 2007, there is hope things will get better.

Can you run TSW on the max settings buddy ? I have everything set to max apart from shadows which are set to medium.

I have capped my fps to 40 which is more than adequate and everything looks nice and it runs smoothly.

I haven't run a goods working yet, so i haven't seen what you see with the containers Steve.

Better go and have a look.

EDIT: I get that effect on the containers further from the camera focus, Steve.

Don't think it is the textures, i am no expert but probably anti aliasing or camera angle causing the moire effect or both.

You need to click thumbnail and then choose "load full image"

Regards,
    Mike.
    Last edited by haverfordwest; 10-07-2017 at 08:15 AM.