Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oil slick looking shadows on engines

Default Oil slick looking shadows on engines

Hi all,

I notice on the CSX locos that one side appears to always be in shadow and that these shadows look like oil has been thrown all over one side of the engines (vertical oil slick looking). It is the same in the cab. Does anyone else have this happening to them? Is there a way to lessen this. I have tried all of the graphic settings but the shadows won't go.

regards Tom

Hi Tom,

Perhaps you could post a picture of what you're experiencing? Is this in the GP/SD/AC? And which side, conductor or engineer?

If you can give some detail I can attempt to investigate on my side.
    Run8, MSTS, ORTS, TS2017, TSW, Trainz 12

Regards, Chris

Hi Chris,
    It is on all of the engines. Side varies with the sun I guess? I am still trying to workout how to resize the images I take with the ctrl + f12 key. They are way too large to upload here.

regards Tom

Default Oil slick screenshot

I managed to upload an image. I hope it is clear enough to see.

regards Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did you try and validate the files through Steam? It may be missing some textures.

Could also be a graphics driver issue.
    Run8, MSTS, ORTS, TS2017, TSW, Trainz 12

Regards, Chris

I think you may be running out of memory, I used to see this in TS20XX before I upgraded. Please could you post your computer specs?

Hi,

I have latest nvidia drivers installed and I have validated the files.

My specs are: Asus rampage iv extreme motherboard, intel 4690x core i7 CPU, 32 gig ddr3 mushkin ram, asus Gtx 780 ti x 2 running in sli, boot drive is a Samsung pro 512 gig ssd, + a wd 2 tb black drive for programmes.

regards Tom

I have a horrible feeling the 780's might be the bottleneck - even running SLI. I have a (single) GTX 950 and evident the sim struggles a bit particularly when there's a lot happening on screen. Graphics cards become old tech very quickly!
    Vern.

As far as I know CSX doesn't support SLI. Try just using a single card.
    Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad Core, Asus P8Z 68-V LE MB, Asus GTX 960 Strix OC 2gb graphics card, Windows 10 Home 64 bit, 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3 ram , Viewsonic VX2452mh LED 1080P HD Monitor. Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 64MB Sata3 HD. Computer Gamer Since 1985

I don't see any problem with those specs. A 780ti is a power-sucking equivalent to a 970, and that was within the original spec recommendations.