Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Update for Cajon and SD45-2 release

Default Update for Cajon and SD45-2 release

Looks like some new items are out and 2 updates for Run8 and Cajon
    Work Safe play hard

Thanks for the H/U.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

the sd45-2's look great.......

Hope they sound like the SD 45-2s 20 cylinders. They did have a distinct sound that was very different to their SD40-2 cousins.

A quick heads-for those that have purchased or will purchased the SD45-2 packs. The SD45s have DRM on their installers. To install them you need to enter your Transaction ID you recieve from your confirmation email upon purchase. You can thank the pirates for that.

Having brought Pack 1 today I was a bit surprised by this need to now activate this locomotive pack and possibly all future rolling stock and probably route addon's.

There is no mention of this requirement on there website when purchasing the new packs.

I understand the need to Activate the main program, since there have been some individuals in the community who would like to ruin the RUN8 development team and there right to make a bit of money.

My concern is what will happen in a few years time when and if RUN8 V3 is released.

Will the add on Packs and there activation be compatible with RUN8 v3, especially if one decides to buy a new computer or the next version of windows.

The RUN8 team have not said much about the rules regarding activation such as you can install on more than one computer so long as only 1 computer is connected to the internet at a time, you are only allowed 3 activation's only on the computer that RUN8 or addon's is installed on etc.

Could some one please provide clarity or insight into what are the exact requirements.

I will continue to support this sim regardless, because I enjoy it so much, but I have the feeling that if every thing we buy requires that we activate it then sales might slow down a bit and the development team might have to consider sales.

Who knows maybe RUN8 will end up on STEAM one day as the only place to purchase it.

Cheers

James C
    Last edited by WesternDivision; 10-07-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by westerndivision View Post
    ...... On there website...

......development team and there right .....

Will the add on packs and there activation......
    "their".
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by digitrax83 View Post
    A quick heads-for those that have purchased or will purchased the SD45-2 packs. The SD45s have DRM on their installers. To install them you need to enter your Transaction ID you recieve from your confirmation email upon purchase. You can thank the pirates for that.
    That's no great drama.......just about every program and add-on that is bought today requires authorisation of some sort.

Originally Posted by Seagoon

"their".
    Thanks Seagoon For being my own personal grammar police.

You obviously have a better understanding of HOMOPHONES than me.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternDivision View Post
    .....You obviously have a better understanding of HOMOPHONES than me....
    I just read what you had written; I wasn't listening to it.