Thread: Great Western Express Signaling

Default Great Western Express Signaling

Since there has been some complaints about how the signals work in the GWE route, Train Sim World Has put up an explanation on thier site. Go here to check it out. https://train-simulator.com/great-we...-introduction/

The problem being Robert(?) any of the former or present UK rail staff (or even those not in the rail industry) on here know exactly how UK signaling works and can tell you that's not how it is operating within the GWE sim, particularly junction control.
    Vern.

Exactly Vern, i have had some strange signalling occurrences in GWE.

EDIT: Just looked at that article, it wasn't written by anyone at DTG. Culled from a signalling website and does not describe the in game implementation. As Vern rightly pointed out.

Mike.
    Last edited by haverfordwest; 10-12-2017 at 07:43 AM.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Hmmm, I'm confused, this signalling tutorial article looks fine to me, it's DTG's implementation into the game that is totally wrong, and they now admit that they haven't got it right, and haven't mentioned it before, even after 4 years work on this new game, isn't that somewhat embarrassing???

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 10-12-2017 at 10:49 AM.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    .... isn't that somewhat embarrassing???
    It would be if they were the types who actually get embarrassed after making a public mess-up, Steve.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Rampant capitalism soothes away all embarrassment, Bruce.

P*sses me off they could not write an informed essay about how the signals work in game.

Rather than just ripping off an actual real world signalling site explanation.

Mike.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Yes you can almost guarantee in a few months time we will see the next presentation "blue screen" video of a Hbf in Germany or wherever their European route is based, extolling how grand it will all be.

With no mention of all the things still to be put right in the previous versions.
    Vern.