Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 39 of 39

Thread: CN/Conrail/NS Detroit to Toledo

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Worksop, UK
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Hi Don,
    May I, respectfully, suggest that, maybe, the problem is with the version of tsection.dat file you are using?

    #38 does NOT contain a reference to file SR_1tEru_w_06d.s, but #44 DOES! I don't know in which version that file was added, but any version from #44 should contain it.

    I am not a route builder, but make this suggestion after checking a couple of files! Please excuse me if it doesn't provide a solution to your problem.

    Cheers,
    Ged

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Eltham, Australia.
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    Hi All,

    SR_1tEru_w_06d was introduced by Marc in tsection 42.

    It is highly recommended to use the latest tsection:-

    tsection52.zip

    You need to be careful as the tsection can get overwritten by an earlier version with every route install.
    Cheers
    Derek

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Oshawa ON
    Posts
    1,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi All,

    SR_1tEru_w_06d was introduced by Marc in tsection 42.

    It is highly recommended to use the latest tsection:-




    tsection52.zip

    You need to be careful as the tsection can get overwritten by an earlier version with every route install.
    That is something I did not know about, the overwriting of that file. How can I be sure the correct one is installed with a particular route update/upgrade? I thought the correcct one would be installed with the route.

    Thank you Derek for this information, it is most helpful. Yes installing that Tsection did the trick, at least in TSRE5, I will check it out with the train tomorrow. I am old, so I go to bed early....;-)
    Last edited by Don6218; 05-26-2019 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Installed new TSection.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Eltham, Australia.
    Posts
    6,507

    Default

    You need to check the version of global tsection after EVERY route install.

    Mini routes are not affected as they are self contained.
    Cheers
    Derek

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    New alpha has dropped!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fsa...ew?usp=sharing

    Changes since 05/23/2019 release:
    • Some roads and scenery added in Detroit
    • Scenery now largely complete between Harrison Street and Vreeland Road, including crossing signals
    • Speed limits on CN tracks corrected to those based off of January 28, 2007 employee timetables (this site was extremely helpful: http://www.cnrha.ca/node/986)
    • Two new activities added
    • SLI/TrainSimulation's new CN Ruel Sub is now a requirement to run the included activities and timetables

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Matt,

    I'm still working on the signals for your route. I had to rewrite all my signal scripts and haven't had a lot of time to do that of late (I'm working on the NS-CR system now, and GT is next).

    So far, I like how you've got things set up, but I do have one gripe, namely the crossing signals. Unless you've changed it this version, it looks like you make your active crossings by spreading visible elements across all lanes. That'll result in out of sync flashing and gates that come down at odd times (maybe even before the lights come on). What I do is put all of the objects you can see on one lane, and cover the rest with invisible crossing objects. I also control timings very precisely at crossings, down to varying light flash rates between different crossings. I can make a one-tile demonstrator if you'd like

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Matt,

    I'm still working on the signals for your route. I had to rewrite all my signal scripts and haven't had a lot of time to do that of late (I'm working on the NS-CR system now, and GT is next).

    So far, I like how you've got things set up, but I do have one gripe, namely the crossing signals. Unless you've changed it this version, it looks like you make your active crossings by spreading visible elements across all lanes. That'll result in out of sync flashing and gates that come down at odd times (maybe even before the lights come on). What I do is put all of the objects you can see on one lane, and cover the rest with invisible crossing objects. I also control timings very precisely at crossings, down to varying light flash rates between different crossings. I can make a one-tile demonstrator if you'd like
    Nice to see that you're still working on the signals, even with that one setback. If time permits for you, since crossing tracks may need signals too, the NS-N&W system and the CSX-C&O systems could also be perfect for those tracks.

    So far, I have only placed the crossing signal elements on one lane per direction on undivided roads with multiple lanes in the same direction. But I may still consider tweaking some things, and I am interested in the demonstrator.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amtrakmattburb View Post
    Nice to see that you're still working on the signals, even with that one setback. If time permits for you, since crossing tracks may need signals too, the NS-N&W system and the CSX-C&O systems could also be perfect for those tracks.

    So far, I have only placed the crossing signal elements on one lane per direction on undivided roads with multiple lanes in the same direction. But I may still consider tweaking some things, and I am interested in the demonstrator.
    Those systems are on my radar, but it may be a while before they get done...though I did just make a position light signal I could tweak to NW specs.

    As for the crossing demonstrator, I'll PM you when it's ready, probably tomorrow night, and I'll throw i a special bonus for this project

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Wyandotte, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    Those systems are on my radar, but it may be a while before they get done...though I did just make a position light signal I could tweak to NW specs.

    As for the crossing demonstrator, I'll PM you when it's ready, probably tomorrow night, and I'll throw i a special bonus for this project
    The NS/N&W line extending into Detroit actually uses vertical color light signals that were likely inherited from the Wabash.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •