Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopeless Physics

Default Hopeless Physics

I haven't gone into as much detail as some on here, but I just hate the fact that you can get the HST to 80 mph on the Great Western Route and then cut the throttle and ages later it's still doing 76mph. Couldn't they see that's wrong before they released it ?

DTG don't care, is why! TS20xx has a history of ongoing lacklustre physics. I remember when I bought the Class 70 which, running light engine, had so much inertia as soon as you closed the throttle it stopped dead. I complained and the answer was, essentially, it would cause too much interference with scenarios created for the pack to overhaul the physics so like it or lump it! Unfortunately back when that was released, there was no Steam refund policy.

If you check the TSW forums here and even at the altars of DTG worship (UKTS and RWA) you will see discussion of the title is pretty much dead. People have done their couple of round trips from Paddington to Reading with the arcade physics and laughable signalling and put it to one side. DTG aren't interested in fixing the core "simulation" issues nor do they really care what the discerning train simmer has to say. No doubt they are already working on the German TSW which will probably be Koln to Bonn with a couple of modern plastic trains that perform more like a Triang "Big Big" train than the real thing.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post

If you check the TSW forums here and even at the altars of DTG worship (UKTS and RWA) .
    You know I get really tired of this. RWA is not an alter of worship to DTG. We all are struggling with the same problems just like all of you. The only difference between us is we do not continuously complain or belittle and downgrade DTG and their products. We make do with what we have and have as much fun with them as we can regardless of how messed up some things may be. RWA has the largest American file library around because a lot of people like RW and are trying to make it better with what they have to work with.

Please stop saying we are the place "The sun always shines on DTG" or "we worship them", cause we don't. If you can only say these things about RWA, why do you go there and download and post and read? Makes no sense to me.

If RWA is an altar to DTG, what is this place? The den of the devils?
    Bob Artim
    Owner of Railworks America
    6th gen i7 [email protected] - 16 gig ram - nVidia 970 with 4 gig - 5Tb of HDDs - Water cooled - Win 10 - Dual Samsung S24D390 HD monitors

Oh lighten up Bob, it was a wry comment intended to emphasize the current state of TSW!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    You know I get really tired of this. RWA is not an alter of worship to DTG. We all are struggling with the same problems just like all of you. The only difference between us is we do not continuously complain or belittle and downgrade DTG and their products. We make do with what we have and have as much fun with them as we can regardless of how messed up some things may be. RWA has the largest American file library around because a lot of people like RW and are trying to make it better with what they have to work with.

Please stop saying we are the place "The sun always shines on DTG" or "we worship them", cause we don't. If you can only say these things about RWA, why do you go there and download and post and read? Makes no sense to me.

If RWA is an altar to DTG, what is this place? The den of the devils?
    Thanks Bob, that has needed sayin for a long time

Kudos, Bob. Good on you for pointing out how tiresome the grinching can be as it goes on and on and on.
    - FTLDave

"Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing." - Wernher von Braun

Besides which anyone who has been reading the threads in the TSW section over on RWA most of the comments have been quite critical of the game. We just don't bitch about the people or the company.

Quote Originally Posted by buzz456 View Post
    We just don't bitch about the people or the company.
    No you just bitch about everything else.
    Remember always that a wise man walks with his head bowed, humble like the dust

Well it is the company and people working there who make the game, no one else is responsible for the state of things (good or bad)!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by artimrj View Post
    ...... The only difference between us is we do not continuously complain or belittle and downgrade DTG and their products. We make do with what we have and have as much fun with them as we can regardless of how messed up some things may be.....
    I for one could accept that line if...IF...DTG were responsive to the complaints from simmers about the non-sim aspects of TS20XX and TSW.

But DTG's attitude over the years has been to ignore the suggestions from the rail-sim community and to only react to mass down-voting by the general Steamers.
    They are not proactive and their beta-testing has proven to be utterly abysmal.

It should not be up to to simmers to fix up the messes that DTG have made.
    This is a company that is operating now. We are not dealing with an MSTS situation, where Microsoft bailed out over a decade ago and the simmers took the sim by the scruff of the neck and wrung-out...and continue to wring-out... what they could.

For God's sake....we are paying large sums of money for products which are not up to scratch yet we are expected to keep calm, shut-up and carry on!

A forum is the only place where our frustration may be aired in public because DTG ignore complaints or suggestions made by email.
    Last edited by seagoon; 10-22-2017 at 02:26 AM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0