Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: B&O West End

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    Chris, how soon is your initial alpha release? I'm asking because we (BLWZT) have a set of B&O equipment about 3/4 done. Do we need to light a fire under us to move it along?
    Christopher
    I'm looking at months rather than weeks. Still a lot of work to do. As you know laying track is just the start. Have to build the entire Keyser yard, buildings, station, roundhouse, coaling tower, etc and of course, the town of Keyser, itself. Unfortunately, Keyser sits at the cross roads of three tiles, which will make things very tricky. Lots of backups and I'm sure a few TDB corruptions along the way.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Hi Chris & Christopher,

I worked on a team that developed Mick Clarke's "Mid East Plus" UK route (available at UKTS) and Mick soon realised that having a standard stock pack for beta testers to test the route with was important. I fully understand why Chris is concerned about the Keyser three tile issue as Mick found that often a slight alteration to some track could cause unforseen issues . Having a standard stock pack meant that testers could all use the same stock which eliminated any performance related issues. Perhaps a small pre-release beta tester pack from BLW could facilitate that? Once the track was OK folk could write some activities for the route whilst Mick was adding the finishing touches to the scenery.

Obviously I'm patiently waiting for the finished route and stock pack but thought this might be a useful way forward?
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Was hoping to include the basics - freeware steam locomotive (mine probably T-3) and F7 B&O repaint, plus an empty and loaded B&O hopper and heavyweight passenger car. Maybe a caboose. All that's needed for the basics. In building the route, I've created about 20 activities and paths to test various areas of the route.

I continue to test on both OR and MSTS - both get about 60 fps on my very average rig.
    Chris

Hi, Chris

Which set do you have? I worked on a set for a route Marc Nelson (Hack) was creating; Cumberland to Grafton, never released. I have a set of CPL's but they were never released, see attached. Are you interested in MSTS style installation with setting links? The set has ground, gantry, bracket models, plus dwarf.

Hank
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Folks,

Hah - I love team work...

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Signalmaster View Post
    Hi, Chris

Which set do you have? I worked on a set for a route Marc Nelson (Hack) was creating; Cumberland to Grafton, never released. I have a set of CPL's but they were never released, see attached. Are you interested in MSTS style installation with setting links? The set has ground, gantry, bracket models, plus dwarf.

Hank
    Only what was available in the file library - csxsig.zip. I started building signals in TSM because I thought what I needed wasn't available. I have track charts so I know exactly what signal head went where.
    TSM_Signal.jpg

If you wouldn't mind sharing the complete set - ground, gantry and dwarf and bracket. I will be forever in your debt. I'm interested in MSTS style with setting links. I will need some assistance to get everything working as it should. Thanks so very much. Send me a PM for email address. Again THANKS.
    Chris