Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: B&O West End

You need the track profile only if you use superelevation in OR.

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Got replaced with a single file version. It’s in there now.
    ?????? The only file I see is Terrtex? No Route including Trains and Consist folder?????
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Core files are nowhere to be found

Terrtex only at this time is all I found.
    Jim

Core files are now available in the INCOMPLETE ROUTES area: bowestendroutev08.zip
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Thanks uli 2, I had forgotten about that. So OR users only, need to be aware of this situation. Works like a charm!

Quote Originally Posted by uli2 View Post
    You need the track profile only if you use superelevation in OR.
    How do you set that up, by chance? I know there's gotta be a guide somewhere for it

Quote Originally Posted by Komachi View Post
    How do you set that up, by chance? I know there's gotta be a guide somewhere for it
    In the documentation folder --- found in every OR install there are bunch of documents --- "OR Documentation Pack" and one of them is entitled: "How to Provide Track Profiles for Open Rails Dynamic Track"

Also over at ET search the forum for "track profiles" -- there are several posted, one for the WP3, another for DBtracks USA, and a couple of more. It's been posted that eventually the OR dev team would publish a bunch of "track profiles" - would be a good thing if route makers would include one with the route, if appropriate.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    ... Also over at ET search the forum for "track profiles" -- there are several posted, one for the WP3, another for DBtracks USA, and a couple of more. It's been posted that eventually the OR dev team would publish a bunch of "track profiles" - would be a good thing if route makers would include one with the route, if appropriate.
    Also would be really handy if those profiles were put into folder on the ET download site instead of forcing users - many of whom would have no idea of their existence - to search for them and having to wade through countless messages before they found (or didn't find, as the case may be) them.

I have downloaded, but not yet installed the route - I'm pretty familiar with the real line,
    being retired from CSX signal department. Having said that, every route that I have
    done, or hope to do, is laid out using the real railroad profiles. Now you cannot exactly
    duplicate every nuance of grade or curve, unless you use a lot of dynamic track, and we
    don't have vertical curves, but I strive to get it as close as possible. On the Milwaukee
    Road routes, the profiles show the elevation above sea level which is very helpful. Most
    routes do not provide this, and while you can get elevation from Google Earth, it is
    sometimes questionable, so the art of the educated guess comes into play. It would be
    nice to have the profiles of the created route, but I don't know how to do those. Others,
    Moe Smith in particular have done really good maps, and perhaps others can do the
    profiles.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)