Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: B&O West End

Quote Originally Posted by landnrailroader View Post
    I have downloaded, but not yet installed the route - I'm pretty familiar with the real line,
    being retired from CSX signal department. Having said that, every route that I have
    done, or hope to do, is laid out using the real railroad profiles.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)
    As one of the documents included with future updates will be a line profile gradient. I have the track charts for the entire route from the B&OHS and other sources. Tried to follow them as MSTS/OR will allow. Especially difficult to replicate curved transitions across multi-track mainline. Also, the route is backdated so there's track work, sidings, connections, junctions, and online shippers as there was in the 1940s.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Quote Originally Posted by longiron View Post
    As one of the documents included with future updates will be a line profile gradient.
    Just decided to do it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

There may be a confusion of terms for some folks, so just to clarify...

1. ) "track profile" in OR means: cross sections of track - rails, ties, ballast, etc. - used to specify the geometry of construction...this is ( I think I'm correct here ) related to the superelevation option of OR.

2. ) line profile gradient -- (sometimes referred to as the track profile) gradient cross-section of the entire route as shown in longirons ilustration. Mapper will generate a route gradient profile for any route.

What I was asking for is the actual OR track profile to be included with the route when it is appropriate for superelevation. I'm not so sure this applies to the time frame of the B&O West End route.

Anyway, thanks for the grade profile -- I always like to consult these when running a route that I'm totally unfamiliar with.
    Maybe I've got it all twisted around...I know nothing about route building...
    Last edited by R. Steele; 01-15-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    Cheers, R. Steele [Gerry] It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    There may be a confusion of terms ... What I was asking for is the actual OR track profile to be included with the route when it is appropriate for superelevation. I'm not so sure this applies to the time frame of the B&O West End route.

Anyway, thanks for the grade profile -- I always like to consult these when running a route that I'm totally unfamiliar with.
    Maybe I've got it all twisted around...I know nothing about route building...
    Was responding to J.H. Sullivan's request for a route profile gradient. I used Scalerail to build the route, and creating a track profile is NOT one of my talents. Maybe someone else could create one. Be happy to package up with the route.
    Chris

I must say this looking amazing already. Awesome job. Just did a small west drive around, scenery is amazing. Cant wait for 1.0

Okay folks. I had no problem loading it into a ORTS only set up that I use for my MRS routes but then it looked like the
    train was running on tracks of water. Ergo, I did not have Scale Roads or Rails loaded. Where can one get these? I don't
    find them in the T-S library.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Hi Jerry,

Here's where you can get both files

http://www.3dtrains.com/downloads/scalerail/

Needs forum registration to retrieve them.

Denis

Thanks Denis, at 81 I can allow being a little slow, and no sooner than I had hit the post button, I remembered that. Downloaded
    and installed into my ORTS only setup where I have a couple of MRS-Logistica routes a lad sent me from Brazil.

B&W West End is very impressive. I'll leave the Scale Rails & Roads up to the younger folks on these forums, but if anyone
    is nutty enough to want to convert any of my routes, they have my permission to do it, but on that matter, "I'll Pass".

The "Monon" guy did convert my Hook & Eye line which has produced some impressive screen shots, and if anyone wants
    to use that to finish the Knoxville to Atlanta line you also have my permission but may want to check with the "Monon"
    guy also. My original version is still in the library, I believe.

I've never actually rode over this part of the west end, but years ago, while working for the FRA, I did get a ride over
    the now-abandoned part between Clarksburg & Parkersburg, WV. Several years ago, I started this route in Rail Simulator
    but then decided to stay with MSTS and have not looked back. Having run trains during some strikes in my career on
    the Southern & Chessie(CSX) the other simulators did not seem to have the right physics.

Jerry Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

The MONON guy says is ok to do so....lolol
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Fantastic job on this route, Its such a good representation of the row and general area its easy recognize locations. This route definately does justice to the real thing.