Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: B&O West End

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Looking forward to this one.

BTW discovered that https://kalmbachhobbystore.com/produ...e/vt-cs5140601 this small book from Kalmbach has an interesting article on the B&O West End with plenty of pictures and a decent map and gradient of the route.
    Thanks Geoff,
    I have a couple 'go to' reference areas for information on the West End.

1. The book West End: Cumberland to Grafton, 1848-1991 by Charles Roberts
    2. Complete 1936 track chart for Cumberland to Grafton
    3. a 3' deep stack of publications from the B&O historical society - track charts, building standards, Form 6, directories

Probably more information that I would ever need to create a reasonably accurate route, but good to have nonetheless. Like to ability to use actual names of shippers at specific locations, coal mines, or actual make up of consists running over the West End.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

I have a question. When you release this route for download will you release activities that require just the default stuff or will you release them with requiring us to download things to get them to run? Also are you making activities where we can drive a train to the cement plant for filling and then back loaded as well on the M&K Junction? The junction and videos look awesome and the route really detailed!

Quote Originally Posted by FireEngine View Post
    I have a question. When you release this route for download will you release activities that require just the default stuff or will you release them with requiring us to download things to get them to run? Also are you making activities where we can drive a train to the cement plant for filling and then back loaded as well on the M&K Junction? The junction and videos look awesome and the route really detailed!
    In the beta release, there will be simple activities included to allow users to run the length of the route to provide feedback. Consists will be limited to a 2-3 downloads of freeware on this site and others. Will see if I can get permission from one or two copyright owners to include with the route download.

More formal activities I am leaving for others to create - as I have enough to do. Although I may create some to highlight reworked models of my EL; EM and other B&O steam (Q-4b and S-1a).

But we are getting way ahead of ourselves.
    Chris

FireEngine, it sounds like there is a need for somebody to learn how to make activities in TSRE so they are ready to make activities for this route. I suggest that be you, since it sounds like you are the one with local knowledge and motivation.
    Christopher

My TSRE crashes no matter what version of the program I use. I was better using the activity editor through train simulator when it worked for me as well and since crashed. I live close to Grafton WV where one end starts and have been there a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by FireEngine View Post
    My TSRE crashes no matter what version of the program I use..........snip.................
    Have you posted the TSRE log to assist in helping you solve the problem?
    regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yes I sent a copy of an activity log to GoKu and he said there was no problems with the activity when I went to add loose consist and trse and open rails still crashed with nodes not working right.

A couple of new videos for your enjoyment

Two approaches to Grafton: https://youtu.be/Mn3Z1ElpjrU

Hardman branch tour: https://youtu.be/sOd0nA1ZwKM

Construction continues on 17 mile grade. Doing a lot of backdating around Savage River reservoir.
    chris
    Chris