Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: B&O West End

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Very nice indeed!
    That blank-out of the Terra Alta station at the end can be fixed by a simple edit of the shape file.
    After the shape file is de-compressed for editing.
    From my notes:

Code:
    [email protected]@@@@@@@@@JINX0s1t______

shape (
    shape_header ( 00000000 00000000 )
    volumes ( 1
    vol_sphere ( 
    vector ( 46.612695 2.9792 37.291229 ) 86.158682
    )
    )
    Where is says vector, make sure that the number outside the parentheses is larger than the first number in the parentheses. If not, change the last number so it is larger than the first number by about 2x . If it dosen't go away, keep increasing it.

Have a merry!
    Vince,
    Thanks for the information, I was searching in the forums for exactly just that. I appreciate the comments from fellow route builders so much.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

More construction at the WV Pulp and Paper plant - couple of more building sets and it should be a good representation and be a fun place for switching activities.
    WVPP_WIP3.jpg
    Chris

Hi Chris,

Looks super - sir !

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just testing some basic paths - passenger express at M&K Junction
    MK_Junction.jpg

More construction (Black liquor evaporator blgs) at West Virginia Pulp and Paper at Luke, MD
    WVPPEvap.jpg
    Chris

looks great!

Thanks. Getting very close to the ultimate goal of getting tracks to Keyser and a little beyond.
    Chris

Chris, I see that you are using Blender in constructing your Piedmont buildings, is that your go-to program for all your structures? I am asking because I would like to start making my own structures and I think I would prefer Sketchup for it's simplicity but have also been watching some Blender tutorials online, seems a little intimidating!! Nice work on the route...continued success! Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Salsocided View Post
    Chris, I see that you are using Blender in constructing your Piedmont buildings, is that your go-to program for all your structures? I am asking because I would like to start making my own structures and I think I would prefer Sketchup for it's simplicity but have also been watching some Blender tutorials online, seems a little intimidating!! Nice work on the route...continued success! Doug
    Hi Chris,

I'm running out of expletives - man - just so right up my alley...

Hi...

I've tried GMAX, TSM, 3DC, and Blender - - - while I am intrigued by Blender and would like to learn it someday - the option I chose is 3DC for it's simplicity (Blender wasn't around at the time and I tried it at a later date)... If you have any aspirations to ever build locomotives or rolling stock - 3DC has so many tools specifically for building trains it is by far the easiest to use out of those I mentioned. Back when I tried GMAX, TSM, 3DC - 3DC had the most intuitive and user friendly interface - for my modeling style... Here's a tutorial I wrote to build a steam locomotive - it's dated but still applicable - and the same basics would apply to buildings... Please excuse the obnoxious PhotoBucket stamps...

http://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showthr...22#post1656822

Regards,
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by scottb613 View Post
    Hi Chris,

I'm running out of expletives - man - just so right up my alley...
    Hi...
    I've tried GMAX, TSM, 3DC, and Blender - - - while I am intrigued by Blender and would like to learn it someday - the option I chose is 3DC for it's simplicity (Blender wasn't around at the time and I tried it at a later date)... If you have any aspirations to ever build locomotives or rolling stock - 3DC has so many tools specifically for building trains it is by far the easiest to use out of those I mentioned. Back when I tried GMAX, TSM, 3DC - 3DC had the most intuitive and user friendly interface - for my modeling style... Here's a tutorial I wrote to build a steam locomotive - it's dated but still applicable - and the same basics would apply to buildings... Please excuse the obnoxious PhotoBucket stamps...
    Regards,
    Scott
    Regarding that issue, I've been searching, with little success, of a way to get my original TSM (.dst) files into Blender. There seems to be no direct route - but is there a two step process?

BTW, I'm not too worried about preserving the UV mapping as I'd redo it anyway. Any guidance would be appreciated.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Salsocided View Post
    I started with TSM about 10 years ago, and just switched to Blender. It took about 3 months of dedicated learning to make the change. I basically built and rebuilt the same building about 10 times - learning each time. I also watched a lot of YouTube tutorials as they cover just about every modeling technique you can imagine. Now I'm searching how to convert my 20+ steam locomotives built in TSM into Blender for an overhaul after the route is finished.
    Chris