Page 32 of 37 FirstFirst ... 223031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: B&O West End

Got replaced with a single file version. It’s in there now.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

This is a great route to be sure! I ran it a bit in Explore Mode with a B&O Passenger "Extra" that I have.

Was the real B&O this twisty through this area? It makes for a lot of braking, my FT's and Coaches may need a brake reline after that trip!

This proves that a Great Route can be had as Free-ware, Thank you so much for the fine Scenery and excellent Track!

Don

And I bet the speed limit was 30 ....?
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

Quote Originally Posted by Don6218 View Post
    This is a great route to be sure! I ran it a bit in Explore Mode with a B&O Passenger "Extra" that I have.

Was the real B&O this twisty through this area? It makes for a lot of braking, my FT's and Coaches may need a brake reline after that trip!

Don
    Don,

Wait till the interactives are installed - speed restrictions all over the place and signals to worry about. Less than 20% of the track was tangent (e.g. straight). B&O wasn't a fan of dynamic brakes either. This line was laid in the 1830s before the impact on curve resistance and grade was fully appreciated. In fact, many freights in the drag era were required to stop mid-hill to cool brakes.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Question

What is the difference between the version now in the library and the one that was there a few days ago and was pulled? Downloading without First Class is painful for a file this size so I want to avoid that if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick-MONON View Post
    And I bet the speed limit was 30 ....?
    Nope, showed on the monitor that it was 60 mph in most places! We will see when all the "Interactives" are put in. My poor passengers got quite a ride though! Also I love the Emergency Run-Off Tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by JBrownCS View Post
    What is the difference between the version now in the library and the one that was there a few days ago and was pulled? Downloading without First Class is painful for a file this size so I want to avoid that if possible.
    I did that, I just set the computer to not sleep and let it download while I was sleeping. It is a l---o---n---g download, but well worth it!

Quote Originally Posted by JBrownCS View Post
    Nothing major - a few additions to the WVPP plant and some tweaks to TERRTEX. Next major update will have interactives installed.
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Wayzata, MN Mile Post 26.6 on BNSF Wayzata Sub

I ended up having to change my viewing from 5000 to 2000 and it works just fine now. Thank you guys for the help.

Brandon

I have noticed that in OR you need a scalerail track profile to see the route without two different track styles. Probably due to dynamic track? Looks great after the trackprofile folder is added to the route.