Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: B&O West End

Rick,

I enjoy your Monon route. In the period of 1954-1956, I rode the Thoroughbred both ways,
    Louisville to Chicago and it was an impressive route. As a CSX employee, responsible for
    signal work, I also saw the semaphore signals removed, but one was saved and last time I
    saw it, it was in the end of the 9th floor hallway at the "marble palace" in Jacksonville.

Jerry

awesome,there are some left on the far south end,tempted to get my wrenches out
    Rick

http:\\mononrr.com

MONON-2

New update in the works. Fixed about 50 terrain/scenery issues found with the platform speed run down the line. The interactives are going in:

- Platforms = done

- Mileposts, only 120 more to go, which should go pretty quickly

- Speedposts - shapes and textures done, but some work left to figure out exactly where each and everyone goes according to 1947 ETT

- Siding markers - according the B&O Form 6 of shippers and customers

- Track sound regions - assembled the sounds, not just need to install them. Will add OR track sound file with next release.

- Fuel Points - only a handful to do

- Level grade crossings not as many as you think because most of the route is so rural

- Car Spawners -

- Signals - working with a team from ET and beyond to create new signal scripting that works with OR Timetable mode. Imagine, one those great articulated steam engines exit the roundhouse, turn on the turntable and head to the yard to pick up their allocated train, with the helper (One of dozens) coming out of the ready track and attach to the rear - all as programmed AI trains? Then off on their EXTRA run. Cool. Will not impact MSTS signal operations I'm told.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris
    "True rail fans have two favorite railroads. The B&O and one other."

Did the B&O really use 2 decimal places on the mile posts?
    Rick

MONON-2

Good catch. Now only mile digits
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Chris

Nothing worse than catching it later after you have them all done..................yw
    Rick

MONON-2

Hello,
    I've just begun exploring the route as well as I'm having my first steps in OR. From what I see I know the route will become one of my favorites. I hope the beautiful cars from my favorite era I've already seen near the track wil be in the car spawner too. I'm looking forward to further updates. Thank you for the great work.

Keep on steamin'1
    Dietmar

Nice route.

I noticed the File LIB says Public Domain but you can;t sell commercial. I'm wondering if the new Creative Commons licence covers this requirement better. Like CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Which means, in english:

You must give appropriate credit, document what you changed. You may not use the material for commercial purposes. (A commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary compensation.) If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Quote Originally Posted by pwillard View Post
    Nice route.

I noticed the File LIB says Public Domain but you can;t sell commercial. I'm wondering if the new Creative Commons licence covers this requirement better. Like CC BY-NC-SA 4.0

Which means, in english:

You must give appropriate credit, document what you changed. You may not use the material for commercial purposes. (A commercial use is one primarily intended for commercial advantage or monetary compensation.) If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
    In simple English: You cannot use my work for your commercial purposes. You can change, fold, manipulate, modify or use the route/assets I've created just be honest enough to give me credit, although there will always be some that will not and that's not going to make me pull the route. This route is built on shoulders of MSTS greats. It is a small accomplishment compared to their contributions.
    Chris

Got it... MOAR FREEDOM!
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts