Thread: CS Police Car

Default CS Police Car

I have a police car that has flashing lights on it. They are red and blue, however I reversed the lights and know the light glow doesn't work. could someone tell me what i need to do. Thanks

Hi winterwolf,
    ??????
    Is it one of those from the file library? If so, which?

The question must be asked! Why the need to reverse the lights?

Cheers,
    Ged

Yes the car is the animated one from the library. The reason for the switch some Southern cities have red and blue lights with the blue on the drivers side

Default CS Police Car

Hi winterwolf,
    I don't know how you tried to swap the red/blue lights, but if you've got a suitable graphics program, you can just reverse the top half of the LHW_Lightglow_Bitmap.ace file.

From reading the readme, I believe I'm permitted to share the modified texture file, so, if you're not able to edit the file as above, I have attached it. Before copying it into your textures folder, I recommend you backup the original file, just in case .... !

Cheers,
    Ged
    LHW_Lightglow_Bitmap.zip

First of all thank you so much it works just fine. If you don't mind would you please tell me how you did it. I have TGATool2A, AceIt, and Route Riter. With pc's you never know when one of them will stop working. Hope to hear from you soon and again thanks

Hi winterwolf,
    would you please tell me how you did it

Of course
    I'm no expert in dealing with textures, and the graphics program I use is the ancient Micrografx Picture Publisher, but others have similar functions.
    1. Use TGATool2A to send the texture to the graphics program.
    2. In that graphics program, make a copy of the texture.
    3. Crop the copied texture so that only the top half remains.
    4. Rotate the cropped texture by 180 degrees
    5. Copy the rotated texture and paste it over the original texture, aligning it in the top half.
    6. Save the modified texture.
    7. Close the graphics program to return to TGATool2A
    8. If the modified texture isn't shown, click on 'Reload Data' (in the 'Image' tab).
    9. Export the texture back to the original police car textures folder as 'Ace (Alpha)'

It only actually takes a few minutes - it took longer to write the above!!

Cheers,
    Ged