Thread: Changing Route Surface (Base)

Default Changing Route Surface (Base)

Hello, I am not sure why but I was hoping that using Goku's Tsre to add/change objects placed in routes would solve the hard to explain Elastic Wave nature of the Base of Routes.

The routes in question are MLT in origin, it does not seem to affect other maker's route bases. I hope I can explain this in a simple yet effective way. When Adjusting a building for instance, closer to the "ground", it goes fine until passing by and seeing that in another spot, maybe near that building maybe not, another is "Lifted", or just a new lump forms. Like when you press on an inflatable mattress, you create a depression in one spot which creates a lump in another.

The same thing happens when you raise or lower the Terrain, is the "Web" all interconnected when a route is created? Other routes, such as NEC don't seem to have this issue, maybe in a less noticeable form, also desert routes seem to be compliant as well. Bala 2.0, NC, GTA, RP all seem to have this issue very pronounced when adding new or moving items.

Is there maybe a step I am missing? Is there something in the way these MTL Routes were constructed?

Thank You for any hints.

Interesting issue there, Don. I have added and corrected object placement in various MLT routes for years, of course using the RE, and never saw anything quite like that.
    Do you notice the ripple effect when passing by again in the editor, or when running an activity, or both? Not that this has much to do with it, but when you are placing/adjusting your object, are you using the "H" key to ground it? I know I do this when using the RE, though can't speak to the necessity of this when using TSRE?
    Interested to hear forthcoming responses on your dilemma.

Good luck
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Yes Neil, just in the Activity. If I go back in the TSRE editor it looks fine. It only seems to happen when placing pieces "into" the ground, like on a hilly area to level a building, where part of the building is on the slope and part on the level. It is not a real big deal, just thought I might get some different ideas on what may be taking place with the mesh.

That "H" key, does ring a bell. I will have to look into the manual with TSRE and see if there is something similar to stop the Floating Syndrome. A number of years back, I was discussing this with another member who was getting the same thing, no solution at that time. Perhaps GokuMk could shed some light on this for Object Placement?

I think, I don't understand your problem, but try H N F keys on selected object.
    Also, TSRE has dynamic shadows, so you always see if something is not on the ground.

Last edited by GokuMK; 11-08-2017 at 05:09 PM.

Thank you for that, GokuMk. I am going to be doing some tidying up on the route today, so I will try those.

That is what I am running into, your pictures demonstrate it exactly.